Help Changing An I/O Plate Plz!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mr. Monopoly, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Mr. Monopoly

Mr. Monopoly OT Supporter

Hey guys, I just got a new X-Infinity Green Case. :wiggle: Only prob is that the case's I/O plate doesn't match my mobos plate. My mobo came with its own plate, but I just dont know how to remove the cases. Do I have to break the one in the case to get my mobo's plate in? HELP PLZ! The anticipation of turning on my new pc is killing me...

2. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

You have to break the one on the case. It should be held on by 4 or more tabs that you have to break, or it might pop off. Then just stick the one that came with the mobo on.

3. Mr. Monopoly

Mr. Monopoly OT Supporter

Awww. I feel bad about breaking the little fella. Oh well, off to snap him like a twig. thanks for the help.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Here's how I do it (seriously)

1) Lay the case on it's side.

2) Karate chop the back of the plate with the side of your hand.

The plate is forced out, and you don't have to worry about cutting yourself, which I've done many times when trying to finesse them out.

5. ACA

ACA Sometimes I feel lonely at night OT Supporter

Before you go and karate chop the hell out of it, make sure there are no screws holding it in place. There were screws on mine, at least.

6. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

The karate chop is good and fine for a removable plate but for one with tabs you don't want to be using your hand for that, you'll get cut. I use the butt-end of a screw driver and give a few convincing bumps into the plate.

Also be careful not to bend the housing for the plate, on cheaper cases (those with tabbed plates), the plate housing is very thin and will bend; thus making it a bitch to put your new plate in.

7. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Some old cases have screws, but on all the ones I have had the plate just pops out. You don't have to break anything.