HELP! can't see the files on my 80 GB WestDig drive!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by babygodzilla, May 15, 2004.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

i just got a new system, and i moved my 80 gig WD drive from my old comp to my new comp. when i was installing the driver for my new seagate 200 gig it said that it has to install a new driver (something called Ontrack) to the 80 gig drive as well, so i thought ok sure. now i can't see the files on the 80G. everytime i double clicked on it from myComputer it says "The drive has not been formatted. Do you want to format?" NO! ive got a lot of music and movies on it. so i moved it back to the old comp, i thought id just transfer the files to the 200 gig even tho it'll take forever. but no, now the old comp says the same thing. ive sinced moved back the 80gig to the new system in the hopes that the software from WestDig i downloaded can help, but so far no luck. anyone know what to do? i should still have my data right? i didnt do anything besides physically move the damn drive and then there's that damn driver...

THANKS!!

2. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

on track has more than one product, but one is called disk manager that is used to allow computers with an older bios to see the full capacity of the drive. if you used that, you probably wiped your drive.

3. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

well here's what i did. i downloaded proggie called Recover My Files, and it was able to read the files on the drive, cept it didnt do it quite right. many of my mp3s were in chunks, some were correct. my friend said the bits arent completely correct. im not too savvy with that stuff. ideas? help?