Help, Cant put condom on correctly.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BradUF, Oct 25, 2005.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I know this sounds stupid but I can never get the thing to roll down all the way. It goes on about 2/3 of the way and starts to give me problems. It sucks because last nite when I was about to get some I got it on all the way but was not sure if it was on the right way. So I said "I want to put another one on just to make sure" Then my gf changed her mind and said not tonight. I mean I could have just not said anything but I wanted to do the right thing. I didn't want to take any chances, even though its a spermicide condom.

It just sucks that I get punshished for doing the right thing. I am sure most guys would have said looks good enough and said fuck it. Also I never had LMS back in high school but she did so I asked her to help me since it concerns both of us. I mean its her body too, and I dont want it to be all my fault if something goes wrong. I know she wants to have sex but she is really afaird of getting pregent and I did not help that by not being able to get it on right and now she wants to wait.

By the way I did google this question.

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Are you sure you have the right size condom? Is it too small?
    One thing I would do (if I were you) would be to practice without the girlfriend around.
    good for you for doing the 'right thing' and wearing one!
    Good luck.

3. RockChick

RockChick New Member

well, first of all... you are not doing anything wrong if you double or triple check what you are doing down there! always take your time and keep on trying to involve your gf. :bigthumb:

as to your question... did your gf ever think about taking the pill or anything like that? if she wants sex so bad, then maybe she should do her part too.

i will have to agree with whity... maybe its just the wrong size. did you try another size already?

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I thought it went. Normal, Large, XL? I just bought normal Trojans. I think, does it say the size on the condom packet?

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I'm pretty sure condoms have sizes. Different brands might be different sizes also (just a guess). You'll probably just have to try some out until you find one that works for you.

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Question: If the condom packet with the pictures is facing up and I pull the condom out is it already in the correct postion to put on?

7. RockChick

RockChick New Member

I think that is different... you have to check before putting it on

8. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Yea I would just practice on your own...nothing wrong with that at all. If you are going to be having alot of sex involving a condom then you want to be an expert at putting it on quickly. No sense in wasting those lustful moments playing with a damn condom.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I did check. I have tried 4 and none of them roll on all the way without problems. I have tried turning it over and back the other way and everything.

10. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yeah I know I had to turn on the computer screen to figure it out :-/

11. RockChick

RockChick New Member

*scratches head* how "big" are you?

12. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/minis/mini/bcontrolMINI/bcontrolMINI2.html

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/portal/medicalinfo/birthcontrol/pub-condom.xml#1096511429113::4837829358503961379

Putting On a Condom

Detailed instructions for correct use are included in the packaging for the condom. Be sure to read and understand them before you use it. For pleasure, ease, and effectiveness, both partners should know how to put on and use a condom. To learn without feeling pressured or embarrassed, practice on your penis or a penis-shaped object like a ketchup bottle, banana, cucumber, or squash.

Remember — Practice Makes Perfect.
    Put the condom on before the penis touches the vulva. Men leak fluids from their penises before and after ejaculation. Pre-ejaculate ("pre-cum") can carry enough sperm to cause pregnancy. It can also carry enough germs to pass sexually transmitted infections.
    Use a condom only once. Use a fresh one for each erection ("hard-on"). Have a good supply on hand.
    Condoms usually come rolled into a ring shape. They are individually sealed in aluminum foil or plastic. Be careful — don't tear the condom while unwrapping it. If it is torn, brittle, stiff, or sticky, throw it away and use another.

edited pictures out, wasn't sure if it was sfw or not.
    • Put a drop or two of lubricant inside the condom.
    • Pull back the foreskin, unless circumcised, before rolling on the condom.
    • Place the rolled condom over the tip of the hard penis.
    • Leave a half-inch space at the tip to collect semen.
    • Pinch the air out of the tip with one hand while placing it on the penis.
    • Unroll the condom over the penis with the other hand.
    • Roll it all the way down to the base of the penis.
    • Smooth out any air bubbles. (Friction against air bubbles can cause condom breaks.)
    • Lubricate the outside of the condom.
    Taking Off a Condom
    • Pull out before the penis softens.
    • Don't spill the semen — hold the condom against the base of the penis while you pull out.
    • Throw the condom away.
    • Wash the penis with soap and water before embracing again.

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Was it your first time?

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yeah and I ruined and now she wants to wait :-/

15. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

was it her first time too?
    Just think of it this way. At least you'll be better prepared for next time ;)

16. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I dont want next time to be months away. All the dry sex and stuff we do right now does nothing for me. I just like doing for her and I dont want to be selfish but I would like to have some fun too. Last time we had dry sex she almost broke my dick so I really dont feel like having anymore dry sex because it can hurt me.

17. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Just remember not to pressure her ;)
    You're not going to die if you don't have sex today.

18. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I might. O and I got the condom on correctly but I dont trust it. I am uncut and it fits weird and seems like it would come off.

19. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:rolleyes: No you might not.
    How old are you?

20. BradUF

BradUF Guest

21. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

lol.. at all the girls giving condom advice.. ;)

dont worry about sizes. sizes are really only for comfort. if you are big you will find the large condoms just are less contricting... just about any guy can wear "regular" and it should reach more 2/3 of the way even if you are very long. length wise, even the shortest condoms should cover over 7", with most being about 7.5" long, with a small pinch at the tip.

like everyone said, practice with the lights on till you can do it easily in the dark. planned parenthood will give you a sack of el cheapo condoms if you just walk in and ask.

there is an "inside" and an "outside" to a condom. you feel right where the ring of rolled up condom meets the tip... O_________________O is right side up.. you can definitely do this by feel. then roll it down by making a fist and rolling the whole thing down evenly. you do not use your individual fingers for this, or pull on anything. just stroke from the tip to the base to unroll.

22. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have another question, Should we use two forms of birth control or is spermicde condom enough. I was reading the fail rates on the packet and it said normal use it fails 15 out of 100 and perfect use 2 out of 100. 15 is unacceptable for me but 2 is way more acceptable but thats still like 2-15 percent correct? And by fail do they mean spring a leak or break, or pop off?

23. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

a back up method is never a bad idea. and yes, a condom failure is usually a breakage. sometimes if you go soft it can fall off.

pill or ring ftw...

24. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

good advice...definitly pinch the tip of the condom to keep air out of there. This was a problem I had in the beginning...condoms kept breaking.

25. cobramadness

cobramadness OT Supporter

lmao @ the n00b putting the condom on both ways...