Help building size

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by JumboJym69, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

I don't go to a gym or lift weights or anything like that. My workout consists of Bas Rutten's MMA workouts and the Navy S.E.A.L. workout and running. While my muscle endurance is very good I feel I want to build muscle/size/strength. Any advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Serious reponses only please

2. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

your problem is that you are searching for the easy way out. Sure bas rutten was a good mma fighter at his time, but you are not bas rutten.

Question: after you lift, are you sweating like crazy? If you answered no, then theres your problem.

3. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

oh and your a dumb shmuck for asking how to get big but refusing to use weights. idiot.

4. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

I'm not refusing to lift weights, I'm in radiology school so my schedule is hardcore and I don't have time to go to a gym. I don't want to BE Bas Rutten I just know that he is a great fighter and he makes a quality product. And yes, I am sweating after I workout. A lot actually

5. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

actually you are a fucking idiot because you have no idea what those workouts entail.....sweating like crazy is the warm up

jesus i hate fucking regurgitators

6. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

you asked a fair question, don't worry about the dipshit

You need to feed your body, drop some of the "cardio" and add in some resistance training. A couple pair of dumbells or a 300 pound weight set can be had relatively cheap and its all you would need to get started. If this sounds like an option, let me know and I can show you haw to use just that equipment in a good routine.

7. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

Thanks man, that would be awesome. I guess what I'm getting at is since I don't have time to go to a gym I want to find out what I can do at home on my own time. Like I said my muscle endurance is really good and I'm very lean but I am not as strong as I want to be. Do you train to fight? What I've really been wanting to do is train muay thai and BJJ, there is a really good school close to my house. I have a heavy bag and I read and study martial arts a lot but I don't have anyone to spar with, and I know that sparring is the most important thing. But untill I have enough time I guess I can only do what I can you know.

8. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

yes i train for mma, and yyes you really should go in and start working with other people. As far as the routine goes try something like this:

(Assuming you go buy some db's)

Monday
    Floor Press
    Standing Military
    hang snatches (one arm)
    zottman curls
    overhead tricep extentions

Wednesday
    Squat
    Walking Lunges
    SLDL's

Friday
    Clean and Press

you can do all that easily with a heavier and lighter set of db's....you can decide what that should be

9. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

Just a couple of questions, What is a floor press? What is a zottman curl?

10. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Yeah he'll never be a massive 160lbs like you.

Have you ever done any of the Rutten workouts with 3 minute rounds? They're pretty intense.

11. sadangryboi

sadangryboi New Member

Eat big, Lift big, Get big

12. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

floor press = bench press laying on the floor. If you tuck your lats well you can get almost full rom. I used to use the floor press to teach guys how to use their lats.

zottman curl = start with neutral grip, curl up, lower db with a reverse grip. So neutral to supination to pronation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.