SRS Help Breaking off the G/F

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ChuckNades, Jul 30, 2008.

1. ChuckNades

ChuckNades Active Member

I have been with this girl a little over a year now. She loves me and has always been there for me, it's not that I am not attracted to her. I just know that I still have time to find other people. I guess the problem is that she is 5 years older than me (im 21 she is almost 27.) She has brought up getting married and that kinda shit but stays away from mostly because she knows that I am not ready for it. I also have to make plans to hang out with my buddies or go drinking or whatever like 2 weeks in advance or she gets all shitty. I just want to be able to do what I want when I want. How should I go about it?

2. whitepearl

whitepearl OT Supporter

well 1st of all..she sounds clingy

2nd of all, what is a 27 yr old doing with a 21 yr old??

she knows you are not ready to get married and have kids

i say tell her you are two different times in your life..u just turned of legal drinking age while she is ready to settle down..

3. ChuckNades

ChuckNades Active Member

I am going to think it over, maybe I should just talk to her about. Lay down the law. I guess just feel smothered more than anything.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Dump her. You aren't doing her any favors by dragging out this relationship when you are not happy, trust me.

This tends to be very common when a young guy dates an older woman (from what I've seen and heard). My bf dated a woman in her late 20's when he was in his early and the same thing happened. Talks of marriage, kids, etc. and he was nowhere ready for that.

You're doing nothing wrong by wanting to be single and having fun. You are young! Dump her ASAP man. Just apologize and say that you think you are just in two different stages of your life and you are not ready to be in her stage.

/relationship

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Arrange to meet somewhere public. Each have your own transportation. Sit down, tell her "Listen, I've been thinking...we want different things with this relationship, and I don't think it's going to work out. I wish you luck in finding someone who shares your desires for a relationship. Goodbye". Then get up and leave. Ignore her calls, emails, IMs, etc for the next few days/weeks.

6. Chuck

Chuck New Member

The right person will not have a problem with you making plans with your friends 2 weeks, 2 days or 2 hours beforehand, as long as you're not breaking plans with her to do so.

If you don't end things soon, you'll be 30 and wonder where your youth went. And trust me, that SUCKS.