Help a fat ass become broly...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by purpledonkey, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purpledonkey

purpledonkey Guest

OK, heres the beef.

I'm a fat ass. I know this, and I am doing something about it while I'm still young and healthy.

I started off the year by losing around 65lbs. Due to a medical situation, I had to stop the progress and put probably 25 back on.

My goal:
    Lose 150lbs and more importantly, get rid of man-tits, back fat, belly, and dick padding (yes, I said dick padding. Anyone who is or was a fatty, knows what Im talking about).

My help:
    My doctor has put me back on a modified amphetamine (Phentermine/Adipex 37.5mg HUD once daily) and 1,500 cal diet.

My dilemma:
    At first, I thought 1,500 was insane and I could never eat that few and enjoy any quality of meal or satisfaction of even feel sufficiently satisfied to not want to eat. I've found there are quite a few things that, if spread out through the day, I can enjoy and stay under my 1,500 cal limit.

However, I want some ideas on filling, tasty meals that I can prepare with little time (I'm pretty busy). I'm not a huge fan of chicken (unless it is chicken kiev or grilled chicken fajita meat) and I don't really do fish. Beef is by far my fav which is probably going to make this whole process tough for a while.

As far as exercise there are a couple issues. One is time, but that is just something I have to deal with. When I go to the gym I get on the bike for generally 30 mins then start doing some weight training (upper one day, lower the next). I am trying to not focus so much on weights because I don't want to put on anymore muscle mass (I'm quite bulky in that respect). I just want to get them tones and heated up to assist in the fat burning.

Problem areas:
    I can't do a squat to save my life. I can leg press over 600lbs, but squats are non-exsistent. I have REALLY bad arthritis in my knees from having torn both ACLs multiple times and the added pressure of my excess weight. I'd really like to strengthen my legs.

Arms. I do a friggen curl and my arms scream at me. My biceps are shit.

I'd like to strengthen my lower back to help deal with the weight and the weight loss better. One thing I noticed as I lost the weight before is how much it affects the way you sit, stand, move and pretty much do everything, and with a weak back, it is going to be painful.

Chest. I want to replace my man-tits with pecs.

Alright, fire away guys. I'm sure I'll get some flames, but fuck it, I'm doing something about it.

2. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

I'll put it as simple as I can.

No pain, no gain.

3. Regnevelc

Regnevelc New Member

Everyone starts somewhere, now 1500 is really low, I dont know if I would have put you down there, but I am not your doctor. Just get in a routine going to the gym lifting and doing cardio and you will do fine. It wont happen over night, so dont get discourage if you still have 100 lbs to go in 6 months or so. Also remember muscle weighs more than fat, so once that starts building your weightloss will slow down, but that does not mean your fatloss has.

4. Sammo

Sammo New Member

wow

how much do you weigh right now?

5. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Ya, I would have started him at 2000 calories. In the other thread he said he lost 50lbs in 2.5 months, that is a bit much at 5lbs a week. I would almost say move it up to 2500 calories for the moment. You will lose less lean mass and you are more likely to stick to the diet for a longer time, you can always cut the calories when your loss starts to slow. The only meal I am going to recommend is protein pancakes, for the simple fact that they are 500 calories, 60g of protein, and sweet so they are a good change from the normal high protein foods. (Yes, I know I have an addiction)

6. gam3ovr

gam3ovr Y Hel0 Thar................

Protein Pancakes are mmmmmmmmmmm :bowdown:

7. purpledonkey

purpledonkey Guest

Pardon my slight insecurity if I don't answer the weight question just yet. I'll wait til I'm slightly less of a lard ass before I do. When I do tell people how much I weigh, they generally don't believe it because I'm not a bulbous mass of giggling lard and I am rather tall, so that helps. But I am MUCH fatter than I want to be.

I will try to stay as close to the 1500 as I possibly can, but I figured I'd probably stray in to the 2000 range occasionally.

My main focus isn't weight, it is size, health, and less fat. I know muscle weighs more than fat, so my primary gauges of progress will be how my clothes fit, how I feel, and being able to do things I wasn't comfortable doing before.

I don't suppose any of you broly fkrs are in Houston and work out at the Wellness Center, I could use a trainer.

8. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

ROFL, I will be at U of H in the Fall, but I am not a broly, I just started working out, I weight like 270.

Where do you get these protein pancakes?

9. purpledonkey

purpledonkey Guest

can I douse the protein pancakes in maple syrup?! teehee

10. Sammo

Sammo New Member

well how about posting your height and weight then

11. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Try dousing them in sugar free syrup instead.

12. purpledonkey

purpledonkey Guest

They make sugar free syrup? I thought all syrup was was sugar (hence the reason I never really eat pancakes or waffles).

Anyone know of a good website/app (for the mac or Palm) that I can use to track my caloric intake, progress, etc?

13. armond

armond New Member

I would also start at the "normal" daily caloric intake of 2000, and eventually get down to 1500. Baby steps I think are required here.

And Acura, can you give a recipe for the protein pancakes, or a link?

I suggest eating foods that are good for you and can fill you up. Example, Almonds are great. Being that they are a fibrous food, when eaten and then followed by water, you can fill pretty full quickly. Another one I suggest is natty peanut butter on wheat bread, sprinkled with almonds. That fills me up for about 2 hours. I usually douse that with either 16oz of water, or 8oz of 2% milk.

More foods to consider:

Apples (peanut butter spread on top)
    Beef jerky (beware of the higher sodium though)
    Chicken breasts (cook on the george foreman, and BAM!)
    Wheat bread (if you do not like it normally, then toast it, put PB on it, and go!)
    Protein shakes (great supplement for a snack)
    Prunes (overall great, has large amounts of potassium)
    Turkey or Chicken sandwitch meat (decent protein, and pretty good taste)
    Tuna (high protein content, add some hot sauce!)
    Bananas (some potassium for your mornings)
    Oatmeal (not instant! eat it with your banana and a slice of toasted wheat bread)
    Eggs (egg whites to be exact)
    Beef (just make sure you get the lean meat)
    Veggies (spinach especially, broccoli, carrots, all veggies!)
    Milk (I suggest 2% for you)
    String Cheese (great snack, have it with a roll of sandwitch meat)
    Wheat Pretzels (another great snack, just get low salt content!)

There are more, but I cannot recall!

14. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

15. Sammo

Sammo New Member

so

how much do you weigh

16. purpledonkey

purpledonkey Guest

I already said I'm not going to say. Im fat, thats allt hat matters.

17. ralyks

ralyks New Member

It's the internet, I don't see why you're shy about it, it might even help someone help you. There are alot of overweight people that come in and post about it in search of advice, this is a fitness&nutrition forum after all.

Either way it looks like you're on the right track, keeps up the weight training, your arms will adjust over time and the weight will countinue to come off.

18. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

do fat people ever have to bulk? :dunno: :mamoru:

19. Sammo

Sammo New Member

it can help determine your daily caloric intake and what not

besides, you said you want to lose 150 lbs., you must be pretty damn heavy :coolugh:

20. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

Im a fat jello roll at 6'0, 270. I will find the biggest guy in the gym and ask you if you post on offtopic.

21. purpledonkey

purpledonkey Guest

lol, nice.

Yeah, I'm pretty heavy. I'm not "can't breath or walk without sweating through my shirt" or "can't go shopping without a wheel chair" heavy.

22. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

do you trust your doctor?

23. purpledonkey

purpledonkey Guest

yes, why shouldn't I?

24. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

sounds very requiem for a dream-ish

25. ralyks

ralyks New Member

LMFAO! Yeah... that is kind of freaky... but depending on HOW overweight he is, it could be beneficial or it could lead to problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.