A&P Help a clueless guy out

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RichSpidizzy, Sep 17, 2005.

1. RichSpidizzy

RichSpidizzy NEMO ME IMPVNE LACESSIT

Either specific camera recomendations or a site I could go to figure it out myself would be greatly appreciated.

when my friends and I would go snowboarding last year, all our pictures came out grainy or blurry. I'd like a digital camera that can handle less than ideal lighting conditions and where there may be significant motion. Lighting conditions can include overcast/cloudy skies and/or snowing, and motion may be the photographer and/or the snowboarder moving.

Now if the lighting condition thing is asking too much, then I'll forget about that and I just won't take pictures if it isn't sunny out but it really has to be able to handle motion as the whole point is to get pictures while we're in the process of snowboarding. I guess I just want whatever the digital equivalent is to a fast shutter speed.

It would also have to be cheap enough that I won't cry if it breaks, or it has to be rugged enough not to break from the regular collisions, falls, and bumps which are an unavoidable side effect of snowboarding.

Thanks in advance for your help :wavey:

2. dtfromep

dtfromep New Member

3. mojito

mojito New Member

most new cams above the 150 mark will be able to get the shutter speed fast enough, but get something with manual controls or a sport mode, not a pure point and shoot.

a olympus stylus comes to mind first, metal case, water resistant, plenty of modes