Helmet Recommendations

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by PatrickB, Jan 26, 2003.

1. PatrickB

PatrickB I bring you the pancake bunny!

I just bought a bike and Im looking for a helmet. Are their any brands recommended?

2. Snafu

Snafu more than meets the eye

3. Snafu

Snafu more than meets the eye

4. PatrickB

I just picked up a Katana 600. My first bike. Im probably going to buy it from www.helmetshop.com just because they are around the block.

Edit: I just looked at helmetplanet and you cant buy arai online anyway.

5. fr0ng

fr0ng Guest

I have an Arai RX7-RR4...its a $650 helmet but I got it for $450...the face shield is kinda hard to switch. Shoeis are much easier to switch, but I like the design of Arai's better..thats why I went with it.

6. PatrickB

7. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

I like my Shoei, it's as good as anything out there. One of the best features is the visor design, it helps keep wind noise down.

I'd consider an Arai, but they don't sell them on the internet and I'm not driving several hours to buy a helmet when I can order a good one and have it shipped to me.

Check E-Bay, you can usually find some good deals there.

8. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i ride dirt but for the money my hjc will keep my head in a nice carring case so the parametic dosent have to scarpe it up :eek:

9. J812MANY

J812MANY Guest

HJC here, for the price you can't beat it.

I flew over the bars (off-road excursion) at close to 130 MPH, I'm not sure exactly what happened because I did get knocked out. It looks like I did a faceplant then flipped over on my back (how I woke up). The helmet was a little scratched up, but no cracks or dents. EMTs checked me out and everything was fine, a little tylenol and I was good to go.

JK

10. PatrickB

11. fr0ng

fr0ng Guest

Invalid link....the one thing I will not fuck around with is a cheap helmet though. Your lifes on the line with that shit.

12. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

once you get a decnet hement alls the more expensive one will get you is lighter and beter cooling

it then the end the hement will probaly end up as a caryng case for your head :o

13. J812MANY

J812MANY Guest

Yeah, I know "If you've got a $5.00 head, then buy a $5.00 helmet." But $700+ for a SHOEI seems to be a little much. IMO any closed face helmet that's $200+ should be fine.

They've all got to meet the same standards, right?

JK

14. PatrickB

15. Prelude Ed

Prelude Ed Guest

i just ordered a blue RF900 Duhamel replica for $249.00 plus $18 shipping.... :big grin:

16. Albanian

Albanian Guest

...Just as long as they're Snell approved for safety, other than that, looks and cooling ups the price's...

17. Tenacious987

Tenacious987 Guest

My boyfriend has a 2003 Gsxr600...he has a Shoei, I have an HJC, I guess I like mine just fine. When we were looking for my helmet, I was really stuck on the Suomey Gunwind Replica Helmet, but I just got the HJC. Plenty of vents. :wiggle:

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2003