Helmet question...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RaBicaN, Sep 29, 2004.

1. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

Hey i just bought a new HJC helmet and i cant put my glasses on with them...i usually wear contacts but i would also like to be able to wear glasses if i need to. Iv worn glasses before with other helmets so i duno why i cant with this one...

Do you think its because its brand new and hasnt been broken in?

...if so got any ideas on how to break it in other then just riding...

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

how do they not fit? to tight to get them to your ears? I dont wear glasses but frequently wear sunglasses under my lid.. only way to break it in is to wear it, it may loosen up so they fit or it may not. I never had an hjc, but I would imagine it would loosen up enough to get them on I've had AGV, Shark, Shoei and Arai lids was always able to wear shades with them.

3. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

I dont understand...

4. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

Ya its way to tight on the sides...

I actualy was able to get them on trying forever but it was reallllll hard and took forever and needed a mirror...

wouldnt work if i was on the roar ya know...

5. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

ummmmone of my helmusts is an HJC....i could put my glasses on with it the day i got it...and it is pretty snug too. also my old roomate and a friend had HJC's as well....one wore glasses...and both wore sunglasses with it...from they day they got it.

i dunno......maybe your just not used to how a newer helmet fits yet? :dunno: it should be fine so long as your glasses aren't weak and bend really easily with any type of force. otherwise they should just stuff right in like mine do.

my arai helmet is even more tight than my HJC....and my glasses and sunglasses fit in there too. i put them on and road with it the day i got it. :dunno:

6. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

...ya i got it to fit just soooo tight feels like im going to break glasses and super hard to even get started...

Hopefuly the helmet gets broken in alil and lets the glasses fit easier, i usually wear contacts but if its late my contacts bother me and its nice to be able to put my glasses on...

7. spoon-ex

spoon-ex Active Member

no probs with my HJC helmet with sunglasses