GUN hello NFA

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Willie J, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Willie J

Willie J New Member

My lawyers(parents) needed me to come home so i could fill out some "paperwork". For tax purposes, we divided up out ranches umunst my bro, sis, and myself. little did i know that this process involved making multiple trusts for the family. So now i have the WBJ Trust .

i've been wanting an SBR and a suppressor forever. I've lived in Harris, Bexar, and Travis Co(texas), the only co's where NFA is a :nono:,due that no CLEO will sign off. basically i have a ranch in my name and a world of guns just opened up, best part no legal fees ftw.

So where are the forms for SBRs on the BATFE website? i cant find shit.

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

You can order them from the ATFs site, but they do not provide online copies. It also may take a while, I ordered a few a couple weeks ago and I haven't seen them yet.

[B]http://www.titleii.com/[/B] should have all the current forms available in PDF format.

3. njftw

njftw New Member

congrats, I am a co in a trust... I'm waiting to fund a FA lol

4. Willie J

Willie J New Member

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Form 1s are if you are building, Form 4s are for transfers. If you are putting a short barreled upper onto a lower, you need a Form 1

6. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

I would make a seperate trust just for NFA items.

7. Willie J

Willie J New Member

i'm building, now the question is to buy a new lower or SBR the one i already have. i want a 10.5" LMT

8. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I would definitely look into it, I've read there are things you might want to do differently with an NFA trust than a regular trust, though I haven't read just what.

I would at least do a little more research and make sure that the trust as it is configured now meets all of your requirements for NFA.

9. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

Well the reason I heard was that if something goes down with your firearms, it endangers your other property, in this case your land.

edit: please do your own research, i'm not a lawyer, this is just what i've read somewhere on the internet.