MIL Hello. Help out please.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mycophiles, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I want to become a nurse and the only feasable way to do that now is to have th army pay for my schooling. This is the only reason why I am (thinking) about joining. I am 27yrs old and in the worse shape of my life. This isn't going to be a picnic for me. Now that you have a mental image of what's going on I want to know which branch out of 2 everyone thinks I should join into. 1. The
    Air Force. 2. The Coast Guard.

I know I need to talk to the recruitment office and that that is where I'm going to get the bulk of my info about these two branches, but I wanted everyone here's input also.

Ohh.. and one more thing. The big thing right now seems to be not going to IRAQ. Leave it to me to decide to join when there's a police action going on but what can I say... whadddya do.. :dunno:

2. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Why are you joining?

3. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

theres small print for that GI Bill, back when i thought bout going in to the army national guard, i was told i would have to re-enlist to get the bill, so that was what 12 yrs or something. trust me if you enlist for the wrong reasons like school you will HATE the military and hate yourself, i've seen some recurits in basic alone do some fucked up things to themselves when they decided they wanted out. in the end it will come bite you in the ass and hurt you more than help you. if you need cash for school as others said get loans, the more poor you are the better it is. i go to a state university and all the "poor" kids have free rides w/ grants and what not

edit- i don't mean to offend anyone but recuriters will lie their ass off to you. don't believe a single word they tell you, they will manipulate you, exploit you, and notice how they tell you what YOU want to hear. i was talking to a guy who was prior service navy and he said his recuriter promised him a slot for one of those nuclear programs, however after basic he got some bs job like deck scrubber because the schools were full and he had to wait his turn just becareful, not trying to discourage you from enlisting, it really is a great thing, i've just seen way too many guys get fucked over by recuriters.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  4. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

umm there is no tricks to the Army GI Bill or College Fund, i have no clue what the fuck your talking about.

5. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

well i guess this proves my point army recuriters are full of shit then, because that's what he told me. I'm not here to start shit, just stating what happened. :squint: