Hello computer folks

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Los, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Los

Los Active Member

A couple of questions.

1) Is there any software for basic/entry level programming? I want to get into game developing and have ideas of my own that I'd like to pursue. Obviously the basic level stuff isn't going to cut it but it gives me a place to start from. Another dev, someone who is in the business recommended Python. Any other suggestions?

2) What does the average programmer go for in terms of salary/wage? I'm not considering programming as a career field since I'm already so close to graduating.

3) Are there special types of computers or rather, computers that are designed for the programmer in mind? Or does any work?

4) Does anyone have any experience with MS Visual Basic and the new game creator utility for the 360? How user friendly is it? Are there any caps in terms of how large a game can be?

Thanks in advance.

2. Javi

Javi New Member

1.) Look on the web, I'm sure you might find something worthwhile as far as "software" is concerned. There are also articles around the web that have some great tips on how to start.

2.) Depends on what you know. Languages that happen to be in demand tend to pay more.

Can't help you on the other two. But since I do have many gamer friends who are in the industry, I can say is to be prepared for deadlines and long, long hours. Also expect to be underpaid.

3. Los

Los Active Member

I love deadlines and long hours. Keeps me on my feet.

:naughty:

4. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

oh wow