A&P Hellllllllllpppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LowLikeWhoaF150, Apr 11, 2007.

1. :rofl:

I've been going around like mad trying to find a 5d or 1dmk2n.

Now all of a sudden 2 people contact me.

1 guy is selling a 5d with grip and 2 batteries for $2500 paypalled and he lives near me so I would pick it up tomorrow.

1 guy is selling a 1dmk2n that is just like new with L-bracket for $2600 shipped and paypalled... but he lives in ohio (would have to wait for shipping). And I could always sell the L bracket for $150 easily so that would bring my total down to $2450.

Don't know what to do!!!!!!! :o

I'm looking for superior image quality, but I would really like a 1series. :wtc: Tough decision.

Also a sudden abundance of cameras could be a sign
    "like the rain before the storm!"

2. Oh yeah, my quesiton to OT is what should I do? :run:

I do mostly portraits so 5d would be my best bet, but I also do action/sports but don't make any money from it. :dunno:

Is my answer too obvious?

3. I would really like to hear from ( * )( * ) because he's owned both cameras so he could give some really insightful information but I don't think I can look forward to having him provide me of all people with any helpful information. I hope he proves me wrong again :x: :bowdown:

4. ( * )( * )

( * )( * ) OT Supporter

They're not meant to be compared :dunno: Get both.

5. Cobber

Cobber Wanna touch my bunny hole?

5d

Edit: If I were in your shoes I would get the 5D ... fits you style more.

I'm loyal to Nikon but they piss me off with no full frame.

6. If I could afford to get both I'd rather get a 1dsmk2.

If I sold my 24-70 I could get both but that would suck being without one of my most used lenses. :wtc:

7. Also I'm thinking in terms of resale value.

I should have enough to get the 1dsmk2 by the end of the summer so I'm trying to think of whch body I could lose less money from buying. Or maybe I should just get the 5d now to hold me over and bust my tail for a month or two, then sell it and get the 1dsmk2 :dunno:

8. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

I dont see why you are so fussed with resale, both cameras have already taken their big price drop from new.

Not to mention they are a tool, not an asset like gold bullion.

I would purchase a the 1d because I have been doing a lot of party snaps etc, but if I was trying out studio stuff like you then I might go for the 5d. If you get the 5d you will probably want to complement it with a 135mm or similar :big grin:

9. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

:bigthumb:

10. My "studio" isn't big enough for that. To give you an idea of the kind of space I'm working with I am using 24mm f/1.2L now :mamoru: Thinking now that If I get FF I minus whale sell the 50 1.4 and pick up a 1.2L
    :dunno:

11. money in my paypal account is begging to be spent tonight!

12. Jason do you notice a difference in noise & IQ between the 5d and 1d?

also I'm sure the 1d feels way better than the 5d amiright?

we shoot alot of the same kind of stuff, which body do you find yourself using more often?

13. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

I've seen "like new" 1DMKIIs (non Ns) on ebay for as low as 1,600 BO from reputable sellers.

5D is probably a better choice for you though... I don't recall you ever posting any sports pics.

14. people dancing and talking at receptions is kinda like taking sports shots :dunno: I also like to spend time at drag strips :hs:

15. Yeah I see a nice 1dmk2 (non-n) on FM right now with 3 batteries everything like new for $2100. very tempted by that also. :run:

16. :eek3: :mamoru: Oh snape son I'm suprised no one caught this boo boo :doh:

I meant 1.4 obviously :o

17. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

how do you like the 24L? You will probably want to replace it for a 35L now. I use a 24 F2.8 for about everything I can, its tops :big grin:

I would love to see a sample of the 1d's say, iso800 noise vs the 5d's noise.

18. deathbystereo

deathbystereo New Member

full frame 5d

19. yes I have always considered switching to the 35L but not sure, will probably make the switch eventually.

I saw a 14L on FM or POTN not too long ago for $1300. Going to stick with the 35L for now and try to find another 14L! :eek3: :bowdown:

20. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

hopefully not for shots of people in your basement! Even 24mm will start to give people elongated features, 14mm would be shocking!

21. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

get a 5d and quit whining... You don't do enough action shots to even want to buy the 1d2. 5d is for dymaic range something that you want when shooting wedding and people. Also has full frame, able to print very large shots of wedding for clients wedding book. Also High iso performance with 5d is greater due to its chip size. why are you beating this dead horse again. Get the gear that suits your needs...

22. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

If he wants to get serious about weddings then focusing in low light is very important, an area where the 1d2 could be better than the 5d.

How does the 5d have more dynamic range when it has the same pixel size/density as the 1d2?

How does larger chip size help iso performance?

Agreed, either camera will produce great results when used correctly.

23. austincabot

austincabot New Member

5d now, 1 series when the MKIII comes out.

24. mojito

mojito New Member

Adaptive :o

just buy one already. consumer layout ftl though. I don't know how tits made the switch back, I never could

25. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

mkIII only b/c I like to spend other peoples money :o