Hell Boy II

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SS109, Jul 12, 2008.

1. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I liked it a lot & thought it was better than the original. Del Toro is getting to be my favorite fantasy director. The visuals were amazing. I can't wait to see his take on the Hobbit coming up.

2. Kazmont

Kazmont Active Member

seriously?
    You didnt think things like the little train noises were a bit much??

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Haven't seen it yet but the trailers make it appear better than the original. Will see it soon I'm sure.

4. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

going to see it tomorrow.

5. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

the special effects were amazing and I loved how all the creatures looked.

The main thing that bothered me was Hellboy's power to survive. At times he seems invulnerable then other times he gets scratched by a human throwing something at him (right after killing the elemental his cheek is scratched).

6. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Mediocre overall. MINOR spoilers below, nothing to worry about.

Good- The visuals were amazing. If that's your thing, you'll love it. Kraus was pretty cool, Seth MacFarlane did a great job. The humor wasn't top notch, but good enough for a super hero movie.

Bad- The story. Not only was it bland, predictable (I literally predicted everything that happened in the end before I even saw Hellboy grown up, and so did a few of my friends), but it was absolutely drenched in expositionary scenes which bored me. The character development was dreadful. Characters randomly change their personalities to suit what needs to happen (Kraus), the character sub-plots in the movie were poorly executed (Abe/Princess) and for the most part superfulous (Red/Liz). Several of the characters had next to no purpose in the story, and ultimately could have been cut without really changing the movie at all. The dialog was pretty dreadful at times too. Overall, the writing was shit.

Cliffs- Good direction, great cinematography/visuals/effects, shit writing, mediocre acting.

7. Kazmont

Kazmont Active Member

I can say i agree with every aspect of this review.

8. fray

fray New Member

I thought it was terrible and cheesy. We nearly left the theater. It was painful to watch. The visuals were neat (all the weird fantasy characters), that is all. I thought the plot was weak, they went for the stupid jokes and laughs and the cheesy dramatic moments, the dialogue was terrible, and the people acted out of character. There were many times when what was happening didn't even make any sense.

I rolled my eyes so many times in that movie. I could not believe that there were parts where the audience was laughing and clapping. I haven't been so disappointed in a movie in a long time.

9. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

My opinion, it was alright. I've definitely seen much better films, but i've also seen much worse.

The scene where red and blue share a few drinks was outstanding though :rofl: