TAT Helix Peircing question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by M50, Feb 25, 2005.

1. M50

M50 VW Crew OT Supporter

Today i got my upper cartialidge peirced and i guess the ring was dull so when he pulled the needle out to feed the ring in, the ring only went halfway trough. He had to work it trough slowly, causing alot of irritation to the ear. It has sweled up quite a bit and I just had a few questions:

I am cleaning it twice a day with bactine, and am moving the pericing trough it slowly. The first time i did this it bleed a tiny bit....is this ok?

How can i reduce the sweeling, I am icing it...any other methods?

Thanks in advance

2. Bella

Bella New Member

I think your fine. It's normal for a new piercing to bleed a bit, you might want to expect this for the next couple of days. Bactine in my experience has treated me well with all my piercings but some differ. I wouldn'y put anything on that piercing unless you HAVE to. So I would ditch the ice because when your messing with it other than cleaning your still irratating it. Other than that your doing everything right. Have fun with the new addition.

3. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

dont move the jewelery at all. it will only piss it off more.

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

by moving the jewelry you are just tearing the new skin that is trying to grow inside the piercing. just leave it alone.

5. xela

xela So say we all!

Yeah, and don't use bactine. :hsugh:

6. M50

M50 VW Crew OT Supporter

Allright, Thanks guys

7. I would only do sea salt soakings, cut out the bactine. I soak twice a day for 5 minutes each. Use a q-tip to clean around the rings/barbells if necessary. And don't move it except for cleaning. Also don't knock off the crusties with your nails, it will just irritate it, I know from experience. It will also make healing last longer and sleeping on it delayed.