MMA Heavyweight Rankings (spoiler)

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Unless Fedor starts fighting again soon, imo he gives up his number one ranking. Right now I say Randy Couture is the #1 HW in the world.

/flamesuit

2. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

So far this year? Sure. Won the most fights, AA would have to be second though, with a win over Werdum.

Not a lot of HW fights this year now that I think about it.

3. baner69

baner69 New Member

Agree, you cant bet anyone if your not fighting. Unfortunantly for the PRIDE fighters they are not fighting all that much.

4. SubOptimal

SubOptimal New Member

The UFC's heavyweight devision has been shit for so long I don't know how you can rank Randy as #1 in the world. You should wait a little bit for Randy to start fighting people who are in the top 5 before you go calling him #1. Now that the UFC is signing guys from Pride, we'll be able to see who is really #1, but I doubt it's going to be Randy.

5. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

:bowrofl:

TeH_Awesome #2

6. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

:rofl:

so in your opinion, who should be ranked #1 based on fights this past year? and please state your reasoning

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Zulu vs Couture to see if he is worth the #1 spot.

8. acidix

How many have PRIDE's HW's fought in the last year? Or should we take the IFL into consideration here.

9. SubOptimal

SubOptimal New Member

Great, the #1 ranked TUF noob is giving me shit again along with all his other TUF noobs friends in this thread. First of all, just because Fedor hasn't fought, doesn't mean shit. It's not like he retired, or that he hasn't fought in so long that despite training, he's now rusty from lack of experience. Secondly I think Nogueira could submit Randy, or that Josh Barnett could be him again. Plus if Randy couldn't get passed Mirko's sprawl, he'd get destroyed on the feet.

Look at Randy's record and tell me who he's beat, Tim Sylvia? A guy who until recently probably wasn't even ranked in the top 20? Give me a break. Until he fights better guys, I'm not ready to say he's #1. God, you're being so illogical.

10. acidix

So basically all of your arguments for ranking Fedor at number 1 now are based off wins that happened over a year ago, and the fact that you dont think Randy could beat Nog or Josh. I mean, nobody should post rankings unless they consult you first on who you think could beat who in fights that haven't happened yet.

Meanwhile everyone else is saying in the last year, Randy is number 1 because he's had more fights and won them. How many heavyweight fights has Fedor had? None, none against a natural heavyweight, Lindland barely broke 200 in that fight.

11. SubOptimal

SubOptimal New Member

Yeah Randy's record compared with Fedors basically 26 and 0 plus having fought better fighters in the HW devision has nothing to do with my assessment of whose #1. :rolleyes:

12. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

It's not an "Of All Time" ranking :rofl:

13. SubOptimal

SubOptimal New Member

I know, it's about if Fedor should lose his spot to Randy for inactivity which is bullshit since Randy isn't even #2. While Tim Syvia was champion all of the TUF noobs in this forum were complaining how there wasn't any talent in the UFC HW division, now that Randy beat him you think he's #1 in the world? Why not wait until he starts fighting other guys from Pride where you admitted the HW talent was just prior to Randy fighting Tim.

14. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

for the fact that Fedor hasn't fought IS the reason why he shouldn't be as high as he is. same with when Penn was ranked a top WW when he hadn't done anything at that weight forever

hey, let's put Joe DiMaggio at the top of the current best list of baseball players. let's just ignore the fact that he hasn't played in half a century, or for the fact that he's dead. i mean, he had about a .325 career BA, that should be good enough, right?

if you want to be on the list, you have to fight. simple as that. same if you want to keep the belt. if found guilty, Sherk will be stripped of his belt because he won't be able to defend it for the next year. same concept

and sylvia was ranked top 10 ever since he held the belt

15. SubOptimal

SubOptimal New Member

You guys seem to be acting like fighters fight every fucking week. They don't. They fight maybe 2 or 3 times a year, and Fedors last fight against a heavyweight was 12/31/2006 and he fought Matt Lindland on 4/14/2007. The only reason why Fedor isn't fighting is because of contract problems, and he is fighting more than you guys are acting like. So he's a month past due for fighting and you guys are already trying to take away his #1 spot. Give him a break.

16. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

besides a handful of people, calling us "TUF noobs" doesn't work here in the cage. this isn't the main forum

it's not just who Couture beat, but how he beat them. he dominated Sylvia and Napao when he was considered the underdog in both, and both opponents were considered top 10 (after Napao KO'd CC). the list does utilize a bit of MMAth too

17. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

give him a break? it's not like we don't like fedor and don't want him to be #1 on the list. we're just being objective in the fact that if you want to be on the list, you should fight. simple as that

18. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Just remeber, this is the same guy that bet a grand on Ken Shamrock before the third Tito fight

19. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

I hope Fedor signs soon so Barnett can start fighting again because I remember reading that Barnett said he's going to sign wherever Fedor signs.

20. SubOptimal

SubOptimal New Member

As far as strikers go, Tim sucks at striking so out striking him doesn't mean much to me. As far as Gonzaga, I've never had my nose broken due to clashing heads, but I'm sure that played a huge factor in Gonzagas loss, and it probably shouldn't even be a loss since it was an illegal but accidental head butt. The fight could of easily of been completely different. Randy was getting owned by those high kicks.

21. SubOptimal

SubOptimal New Member

Just because he decided to fight an Olympic silver medalist who normally fights at 185, and his number of fights a year goes from 3 to 1 doesn't mean he should lose his #1 spot.

22. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Jesus christ, the stupidity is amazing in this thread. At least it gave me some good laughs. And to top it all off I'm sure Teh Awesome! is cooking one off right about now. :rofl:

:rofl: Betting a grand on Shamcock, should've just burned the cash instead

23. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

Sylvia had the belt and defended it for awhile.

zag's broken nose was an accident. accidents occur in a fight, and everybody's susceptible to them, so that don't count in the big picture

as far as "getting owned" by zag's high kicks and that it could've gone different if he didn't break his nose, the end result was that Couture won, fair and square. cro cop was putting a beat down clinic on big nog before he slipped into an armbar. does that mean that crocop should've gotten the win? hell, same with bob sapp against big nog

24. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

yes it does

25. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

don't forget calling out supertrapped, saying that he could kick his ass because "he's been studying MMA fights for a long time, including taking notes...but have never trained"

or that hammerhouse is the best camp out there because they produce the best fighters in the world :eek5: