MMA heath hearing has an orbital fracture

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Aug 15, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Reports from coming from Heath Herring suggest that the straight right Lesnar caught him with at the start of their UFC 87 clash in Minneapolis, Minnesota, impaired his vision, even part blinding the former Pride star. In a recent post on facebook, Herring said: “What are fractures of the orbit? When one or more bones surrounding the eye are broken, the condition is called orbital fracture. The orbit is the bony structure around the eye. An orbital fracture usually occurs after some type of injury or a strike to the face. Depending on where the fracture is located, it can be associated with severe eye injury and damage.”
    In a follow up interview with mmamania.com, Herring added: “I mean you go into the fight and you start off right away blind. So you’re handicapping yourself right from the get go. That’s never a good thing, of course, especially in this sport. But we went out there and got caught early on and suffered the consequences from that and then just tried to push on through the rest of the fight. Unfortunately we weren’t able to mount the best of offences at that point. It’s a little bit difficult with only one eye … you’re favouring that side. It was a lot more difficult task than I had first anticipated.”
    One thing is clear coming out of this fight, avoid Lesnar’s right hand at all costs. UFC management are busily trying to find the former WWE star his next opponent. Early favourites seem to be Cheick Kongo and Gabriel Gonzaga, who are both coming off impressive first round wins.
    By Michael Pepper.

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

gonzaga would beat him i think

3. Etherized

Etherized Active Member

I think so too.

4. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

yeah gonzaga is good

5. gonzaga would have a hard time with heath because heath has staying power.

vs. lesnar gonzaga might have trouble overcoming the intiial bullrush and beatdown

6. BlaXXXima

BlaXXXima OT Supporter

Lesnar wins...

7. Etherized

Etherized Active Member

On the other hand, Lesnar has a good chance of beating Gonzaga. GG has gained a reputation of not showing good endurance, and seems to give in when things aren't going his way. GG's powerful kicks won't be as much as a factor as it has been in other fights. GG has crushing top game, a place he is unlikely to be in this fight. Still, I see GG by sub.

8. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

that's nice, they're talking about Lesnar fighting Gonzoga not Herring.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  9. ninja edited on your ass

10. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

How do we know his kicks won't be a factor? Nobody has hit Lesnar yet.

11. Etherized

Etherized Active Member

He'll get taken down very quickly.

12. roose

roose Guest

gonzaga would fold like a cheap tent

poor heath :(

13. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

please god give him Gonzaga :x:

14. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

what ninja edit :rolleyes:

15. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

I didn't think mirgliotta hit him that hard. Fucked him up big time yo!

16. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Gonzaga.... Really Gonzaga is the guy to take Lesnar? Okay so he beat Crocop and not the crocop we knew from pride and now he's good. I know Hillary has gotten to roll with him ( I think) and he does have "skills" but as a truely talented fighter, he isn't particualrly that special or good. I don't hate the guy, but I don't agree with this talent you guys see.

I think Hillary has more talent than him, but I am biased.

17. gonzaga has very good grappling and great physical tools. His striking is very powerful, if unrefined.

He's one of the few guys that's anywhere near as explosive or strong as lesnar at heavyweight (although he's still far from lesnar, he'd be able to put that strength and explosion to smarter use).

18. Redneck Shinobi

I agree, but I think if his division was like any other, he would have been exposed a long time ago. He has moments of genius, but he looks mediocre to me. Like if you ever get a chance go see a BJJ tournament. If you're lucky you'll see skilled guys out there grappling, but every once in a while there will be 1 or 2 guys that will blow you away. I don't see him as one of those two, although skilled he is. You can just call me an idiot, but I don't see him doing much to Lesnar.

19. :dunno:

if the heavyweight division was any other division a tough guy that can't wrestle and has very little power in his strikes (Nogueira) wouldn't be an all-time great.

But it is. HW is HW, and Gonzaga is a fabulous grappler for a heavy. I think Lesnar would be lost on the ground with him unless Lesnar was able to land a few big shots to soften him up and make him quit even trying.

20. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

you're fucking kidding. nog beat everyone in the world aside from Fedor.

21. Redneck Shinobi

:eek3::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

wait what. Fuck dude, I really hope you're not saying Nog can't grapple. I will honestly never believe anything you see, or believe again.

22. with terrible wrestling and no power in his hands, because heavyweight is like that.

Nog is a great, because of what he brings to the table as a heavyweight. It's silly to rip on gonzaga because he wouldn't do well in a smaller weight class, because he's not in that weight class.

Kind of like how Luke Cummo is never going anywhere because there are so many top position grapplers at 170 and he can't wrestle.

23. Not what I'm saying at all.

24. Redneck Shinobi

Okay Nog is someone that would be 1 or 2 people that stands out in that tournament scenario I was talking about. Nog is great even if he just wrestled and took a beating. He trys to work where he isn't so strong.

I don't understand then. 404 error.

25. Gonzaga has a more decorated grappling background than Nog. :dunno: