Heater not blowing, car won't always start immediately, what the heck?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by MrBrotato, Dec 13, 2008.

1. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

Ok I am posting about my wife's car, 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass. It is having two separate issues, actually these have been going on for the two years we''ve owned it.

1. In order to get any heat in the car we had to turn the fan up to speed 4 or 5. Settings 1, 2, and 3 did absolutely nothing, it was as if the fan was not on at all. Now 4 has stopped working and 5 is weaker. What is the cause of something like this?

2. The car sometimes has issues starting. If we turn the key to the power position and it begins beeping then it starts just fine. However, once in a while it won''t beep. Instead it will make a sort of whining sound and eventually either go silent and not be able to start or sometimes start beeping and start fine. If it goes silent and won''t start, we just turn it back off and wait a second then turn the key back to power and try again until it works. It has always done this according to the previous owner, and it has never totally failed to start, but sometimes it takes like 2 minutes of waiting before we can even get the engine running. What should I have looked at to fix this?

2. cooly

cooly OT Supporter

first is blower motor resistor
    second is :dunno:

3. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Blower motor resistor would be right unless you have that electronic climate control shit on that car. I don't recall of those come with it or not. If that's the case the dealership is the only place to get the part(s) and the cost is insane.

Does the car have any sort of aftermarket remote starter, alarm or amp wired into it anywhere?

4. matrix243

matrix243 My body, is ready.

fuel pump or solenoid.

5. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

Bad grounds??