A&P Heat Transfer Paper (tshirt Kind) For digital prints.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mads., Feb 28, 2007.

1. mads.

mads. OT Supporter

So i just did a project for class involving photo restoration, simple to do, but apparently he wants us to transfer to water color (Art paper). :ugh: using heat transfer. i know from past experiance that inkjet will print on watercolour paper fine, and these transfers have been looking like shit, im just wondering if anyone has ever heard of doing this process before, with digital prints :ugh:. it's stupid, but i guess i have to do it. im gonna give him an transfer print and an injket to compare the quality. Has anyone heard of this technique being used before, i looked on google and all i could find was a bunch of homemaker tshirt designers processing :hsugh:

2. mads.

mads. OT Supporter

i thought noone would have ever heard of this :hsugh:

3. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

ive seen shops do digital prints onto shirts. no idea if they print directly or transfer :dunno:

4. mads.

mads. OT Supporter

I would understand for tshirts or other things but paper..? seems kind of odd.

5. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

oh. misread again.

6. mojito

mojito New Member

never tried it with ink jet, we did image transfers or emulions tranfers from polaroids wit great success. I can't see how it would work with ink jet, as water would ruin it or heat would melt it.

There was a guy at a local art show that did large format image transfers from a lab print to canvas. Pretty badass

7. mads.

mads. OT Supporter

i've done polaroid transfers, interesting stuff. but Digital print Inkjet transfer paper (For iron on T-Shirts) heat transfered to watercolour paper. it looks atrocious. i just printed out a sheet of watercolor through the inkjet and it looks a million times better.

8. quickmex

quickmex New Member

if you go to a kinko's or something and get a color xerox made of your print, you can use acrylic gel media (found at local art store) to lift the "emulsion" and transfer it much in the same way you would do a polaroid transfer.