MIL heard of any problems with the anthrax vaccine?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by c.a, Sep 6, 2007.

1. c.a

c.a New Member

I have to get one in about a month and there's a guy stationed where I am that i know and he had to get it and I guess they gave him a strand that was a little too "live" and he got anthrax real bad, he actually died for about a minute until they revived him now he's working admin and will never be the same. And he also has to take pills everyday or he'll die...

So anyone else heard of anything like this?

I'm skeerd :noes:

2. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

Anthrax FTL. It came down while we were in the desert that we had to have it OR ELSE. Well it turns out you can still get on a plane and leave Iraq without being all pozzed up with anthrax. We rode out the deadline, passed it, and no one cared. As far as leaving FOR the desert, yeah you have to have it and cases like that are isolated and he probably had a personal and isolated negative reaction to the vaccine. Don't be scared. I know hundreds of people who have had it personally and besides the usual suck that comes with everything the military shoots you up with, nothing else will happen to you.

3. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

They tried to make us get the shot at SRP though we weren't playing in the sand. We told them to buzz off and said we would take care of it "later". They were pissed.

4. RRTX

RRTX New Member

My tricep hurt pretty good for a day or so after each shot but nothing worse than that. 9 shots later I'm still alive and kicking lol

5. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Teh only side effect I had, was that my penis got bigger. It nearly doubled in size to 6 inches. Guess that's a good thing. :mamoru:

6. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

I had stayed away from it as long as possible and now that you have to get it I have only gotten the first two of them.
    I got #2 last week.

The first one hurts like a bitch!

7. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I hope you get cervical cancer.

8. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

well that's not nice.

9. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I fixed it.

10. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

i refuse to get it. They can do whatever admin work they want on me for it. I won't take it.

11. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Only the first 3 are mandatory

12. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Been taking it since 1998 myself...no siDUUUURRRfects that I think of.

13. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

much better

14. aex

aex New Member

"Freaky birth defects when both parents have had it, supposedly - although the higher-ups aren't 'fessing up to the anthrax vaccine causing them, they sure take care of the babies." -- Quote from a charge nurse @ NICU clinicals

15. dontfrostthepie

dontfrostthepie New Member

16. the raging enigma

the raging enigma If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidenc

Same here. But i am a wimp and my arm is very sore for the next few days after the shot.

17. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

I've had 6, now I'm non-deployable because somehow I developed asthma. Didn't know you could just get asthma. Had one of my doctors say he thought the vaccine might be responsible, but he's not allowed to put it in writing.

A friend of mine got Adema, which was actually linked to the vaccine. In his records now, so he never has to take it again. For those of you who don't know what Adema is, it's when your lungs just start to bleed out of nowhere.

Another friend got his for a deployment to Germany.. Like they really need it there. A couple days after he got the shot, he developed a pretty sizeable open sore around the injection site. Doctor told him it was a normal reaction. He got on the plane a day later, and by the time he landed in Germany, his whole body was covered in open sores. He almost died, and was bed-ridden for more than 1/2 of his deployment. The doctor at Landstuhl(sp??) wrote a letter stating that the vaccine was the cause of his near death experience, gave him a copy, and placed the original in his medical file. Whaddyaknow?? When he went to deploy again, they told him he had to get the shot again. When he told them the letter was in his file, they looked, and can you believe it, magically disappeared. Luckily he had his copy, which they tried to confiscate from him. He made a new copy, and watched them put it in his file, only to have it disappear again before his next deployment. This has happened about a dozen times to him so far.

In short, the vaccine can completely fuck you up. The government refuses to admit it will fuck you up. And if, by chance, you have a doctor that has the balls to put something in your record stating it was the anthrax vaccine that fucked you up, they will try to destroy the evidence. If you don't mind being discharged, by all means, refuse to take it. It's not even effective against weapons-grade anthrax, that's a proven fact, so it's not gonna do you any good to get it anyways unless you decide to become a cattle rancher in the future. I think everyone refusing to have that shit pumped into their veins would send a nice little message to the DOD that maybe we just don't want to take that shit anymore. Maybe they would change their policy then. They can't discharge everybody.

18. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

19. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

20. i_is_surf

i_is_surf New Member

When I get the mandatory flu shot - and now the flunaise (shot through the nose) the Air Force gives and I get sick as a dog every year.

I've had 5 shots of anthrax, I've had the smallpox vaccine, and I've been on malaria pills through two cycles and never gotten sick from a single bit of that..

Go figure...

21. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

Just get it, it hurts for like 30 seconds when you get the shot and your arm might be a little sore the next day. Suck it up, it's better than your face falling off.

22. dontfrostthepie

dontfrostthepie New Member

goddamn

it's going to be gulf war syndrome part deux :sad2:

23. MassiveGas

MassiveGas OT Supporter

:hsd: i got my first anthrax shot today

24. c.a

c.a New Member

25. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Should be feeling nice today.