healthy sex drive

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by low20, Mar 14, 2006.

1. low20

low20 Member

what would you guys consider a ""healthy sex drive" for a 20/21 yr old in a relationship? 1 time a week? more or less? my gf and I have been going out for a year and a half, both lost our vriginity to eachother but never have sex more than 1 time a week (sometimes sex once and everything but sex once), and i feel as tho I could do it every day. Is one time a week really abnormal or am i just surrounded by horny people? Is there a trend based upon age, like women have greatest sex drive at 23-25 and guys at 18-22 or something like that? I donno, just looking for some opinions...also suggestions as to how these numbers could increase..talking to her about it makes her upset cause she feels stressed about getting her period every month, even tho we use condoms, i donno if the pill would help ease her mind, i really dont think it would, prolly woul just decrease her sex drive even more?

2. Riot

Riot OT Supporter

for two people already in the relationship for a while and having other things in their lives, one time a week is probably normal.

3. skelm

skelm New Member

First of all is she using another form of birth control? I wouldn't jsut rely on the doms unless of course you were prepared to fork out for a morning after pill when one broke...

Ultimately what she does will be her decision, if you arn't happy with the way things are then maybe she isn't the girl for you...

4. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Normal is anything that the two people involved find appropriate. If it isn't an issue for both of you then I would say you are having a normal amount of sex.

Don't try and be normal by societies standards. They don't know what goes on between you two :)

5. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

You went in not knowing her sex drive, you can't complain much that she isn't giving out too much.

Once a week though is good some people dont even get that.

Sure you may beable to go more than once a week but if she doesn't feel like it dont push it on her ( nothing good will come from it ).

Ask her about birth control or whatever, use a different form or tell her you're going to be even more careful with the condoms.

both of you should also be ready for any consequence to protection failure.

6. low20

low20 Member

yeah, were cool with the condoms right now, we always use them correctly and carefully and I always pull out as well. I think we had 1 break like a year ago, but never since. I guess i was just curious to see what the average was for others. She used to be a little more into it but she has started her full time career which has her up early some days and then up late other days so she is stress which I can understand. I think condoms used properly + pulling out is safe and its not like were banging 2 imes a day either. I am trying to get her to go on the pill so we can essentially double up to ease her mind.

7. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

my gf was a little nympho when we first started dating... these days, I'd kill for once a week... We're the same age as you too... sucks.