healthy crue: wtf do you go for when you get the midnight munchies?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ANUS_MANGLER, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

trying to drop some weight, and this is something that always kills me when i come home from a night of boozing (counterproductive). whats the best thing to nom on right before you pass out?

i usually make like a turkey and cheese roll up or have a string cheese or something.

should i be staying away from meat and cheese and going with something like fruit though? :o

2. The Great Deceiver

The Great Deceiver 21st Century Schizoid Man

Maybe a salad (cucumbers and lettuce) and some water?

3. The Great Deceiver

Oh and :rofl: @ trying to lose weight + heavy drinking

4. lemans23

lemans23 PV - The Vision of Sound

I mean really, you obviously aren't taking the weight loss very seriously by the way you put "night of boozing", as though it's a common thing.

5. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I used to keep sugar free pudding/jello in the fridge

like... a lot of it

better than pizza

6. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo New Member

7. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

i realize most of you are really heavy into lifting and staying healthy and whatnot. amazingly you CAN lose weight and drink (in moderation) at the same time, and yes i realize its just empty calories, spare me. :hsugh:

lets just try focusing on the main point of the thread. everyone gets the munchies late at night from time to time, drunk or sober.

so wtf are you guise eating?

i liked the sugar free pudding idea. i've had it before, its not bad :bigthumb:

8. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

I've gotten my early gains from binge drinking on weekends.

:dunno:

9. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

if you're "binge" drinking, i dont really think it matters what you eat after.

if you're only have 1-2 drinks, sure... but you've already fucked your metabolism by "binging". It's been posted here a few times (with articles and studies to back it up), that consumption of alcohol reduces fat oxydization and protein synthesis. The more you drink the more those two go up.

Alcohol turns to acetate in your body, and that acetate requires to be burned before other calories, and therefore the more you drink - the more what you eat afterwards goes directly to storage.

hence - it doesnt even fucking matter anymore what you eat right after binging, unless it's completely low/no calorie

my .2 :\

10. lemans23

No, I still don't think you get it. You're asking a question about a small detail when your overall performace makes it such a non-issue I'm surprised you made a thread. There is nothing wrong with having a few drinks. Supposedly trying to lose weight and having enough nights of "boozing" as to where you wonder what you should eat afterwards screams you aren't even serious about it. It's the diet coke with the whopper mentality on a smaller level.

You seem to know it's empty calories, but yet, that doesn't stop you from continuing to drink. Us telling you healthy snacks to eat will make zero difference if you're just going out and throwing back hundreds of calories that offer you nothing and think that it's still part of a weight loss plan.

11. lemans23

Exactly. Alcohol has just under 2x calories/gram as protein or carbs, and just under the calories/gram of pure fat. Going out boozing very often while trying to drop weight is hilarious. Can it be done? Of course, but you can't possibly be serious about it especially if you know you're just wasting caloric intake.

12. synthetic

synthetic New Member

choose better alcohol to start... drink maybe plum win instead (only 75 cal per glass) or vodka + diet coke

to avoid binging on shit i guess, keep some dill pickles on the side. and dont eat crap like cheese

13. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

I understand what you're saying and really i do take that to heart. you guys are drawing alot from my "night of boozing" comment that isnt there. my "night of boozing" could be 3x a month or 3x a week.

unfortunately, its the latter and you guys guessed correct :hs:. i do drink on average 3x a week and sometimes up to 5. im a highly social person in a college environment and oh ya, i work at a bar that lets me drink whatever i want for free and take a 6pk home every shift i work. drinking has taken its toll on me and i know it. i went to the doctor the other day and i had gained 6 pounds:noes:. i know its due to the booze and also my eating habits.

I am taking steps to counter this though. over the last 3 weeks or so i have gotten back into a workout routine (2 days of weights/light cardio, 2 days swimming laps) i am seeing signs of progress already (swim trunks almost came off in the pool the other day:mamoru:) and i love it. I am cutting my drinking down to 2 nights max. I can't just get away from it completely though. :hsd:
    oh ya im taking alli too. seems to be working ok.

14. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

wow i didnt mean to write all that ok :rofl:

need more healthy snack ideas :x:

15. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Usually when I'm cutting and I'm completely trashed, I'll pound like 3 or 4 huge ass philly cheesesteaks until I puke it all up. That usually satisfies my appetite.

16. tinkan

tinkan ot pilot crew

celery + peanut butter.

why are you taking alli? you don't sound obese.

alli would be such a better weight loss drug if it inhibited carbohydrate uptake as opposed to fat.

17. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

im 6'4 but im 260ish right now. in hs i was like 205 at the same height. since im soo tall i carry my weight well but i could def afford to lose 30-40 pounds.

alli is safe and it works. my buddy is using it and has seen some impressive results. figured id give it a try

18. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

"night of boozing" is not "moderation"

moderation is one to two drinks

19. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

20. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

the only experience i have with this is with the :420: but then i just eat up everything in sight and feel guilty the next day :rofl:

i usually eat raisins and shit cause thats what i can find

21. The Great Deceiver

If you insist on staying fat, that's your prerogative, bro, we're just trying to help

22. evh

evh Active Member

salad, beef jerky, fage yogurt w/splenda and peanut butter + cinnamon.

there's loads more, more importantly CARBOLITE ice cream. best shit ever. 1 oz serving = 4g protein / 4g carbs (lactose) / 0g fat. seriously look into it, it's delicious and very beneficial.

23. deznutz

deznutz New Member

cottage cheese

24. lemans23

Precisely. Alli does not work because it merely makes you not want to eat fatty food. Unfortunately, if you're on a proper diet, you should be getting treatment effects due to the amount of fat you're supposed to eat normally. If you eat a few cans of tuna a day, cook in oliveoil, use vinegarette dressing on your salad and have a handful of almonds, you will be shitting orange liquid the next day. I know this because someone gave me a sample to try when I used to work in my school's dietary office. It doesn't work if you eat properly.

25. forum95

forum95 Come see bout us OT Supporter

this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.