FRK Health risks of Anal Sex?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by shohan, Oct 17, 2004.

1. shohan

shohan New Member

After much discussion and trial and error my wife and I (more my wife in the matter) are enjoying anal sex. Right now it is only up to point of probing fingers and experimenting with what she likes and doesn't. She brought up the question of the health risks of anal sex. She's concerned about any type of disease that can be contracted. Most specific HIV and AIDS. We are both healthy and without any history of STDs. A condom is used at all times and plenty of lubrication (Astroglide).

If anyone could lend some knowledge on the subject it would be appreciated. Maybe some links to health reports or something of the like would be great as well. Thanks for indulging me FS'ers!

2. i'm not clear if you're actually married. i don't see any reason to be worried if you and her are exclusive right now. if you're both clean and not fucking other people, then it's the same risk as straight up sex.

3. Shibboleth

Shibboleth teh mad Plato skillz

also, stop when it hurts.

4. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

since neither of you have STDs you're at no risk.. (assuming you're both faithful :mamoru: ). The only concern is hygiene and comfort really.. and I'd say either condom + lube or enema + lube.. :dunno:

have fun exploring though (slow is good when trying new things) ;)

5. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

In a completely monogomous relationship, I say going without the condom is fine. But as you probably know, STDs are transmitted through all forms of sexual activity, including oral and anal sex so if you really have concerns about this, sure, go ahead with the condom. But i dont. :dunno:

Heres some helpful links i found off Google for you.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/analsex.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_sex (you have to go about midway down for risks)
    http://www.thedaily.washington.edu/phe/030429phe.lasso (Discusses risk with anal sex w/o condom use.

6. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

My bf and I do it all the time. He usually takes my cawk. (we're gay, if you didn't know)

Anyway, there are no real health risks as long as you are both disease-free. And as long as you don't cause her to bleed. As long as you lube enough and prepare her ass by fingering her until she's ready to take you, you should be fine.

7. TKIMFG

TKIMFG i haz a post count ! OT Supporter

Use a condom ! I didn't, and got the mother of all urinary track infections, to the point where I ended up in the emergency room for not being able to urinate anymore. Getting a catheder put in w/ UIT is no fun !

8. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

damn. That's fucked up?

Are you prone to UTIs? Have you had them before?

9. TKIMFG

No, first time ever (and I'm 38). Slight burning feeling in the morning when taking a piss, then couldn't piss all day. Thought it would go away over night, but it didn't. By lunch time I felt like was going to burst, and went to a couple of emergency rooms (the first one was too crowded). If I had a gun, I might have killed myself.

Two nurses put a catheder in, and I still couldn't piss. I got some heavy duty painkillers (vicodin + ?) and antibiotics (ciprofloxacin - heavy stuff), and went home with the catheder still in. Fell asleep, and finally could piss, but the bag was so small that I woke up every 30 minutes because the bag was full.

My favorite part was when I was lying on the examination table in agony, the doc decided that it was a good time to check my prostate, too. :nono:

10. Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous Resident LT1 Guru

So, uh...did they ask you what you did that may have caused the infection?

11. TKIMFG

Yeah, the doc asked. Of course, I had no idea where it came from. :naughty:

12. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I've been engaging in anal sex for 15+ years and never caught anything.

But with women, you cannot have vaginal sex afterwards unless you wash with an antibacterial soap (really well!), or even rub her outside or she will get a UTI.

It's dirty but I have never had a single health issue. You cannot catch what you don't already have, you know? You only get a STD's from someone else for the most part. Hence why they are called "Sexually transmitted diseases." ;)