headunit troubles

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by adelacruz, May 5, 2008.

1. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

I have a 98 chrysler concorde,. I purchased a pioneer 5000ub for it, a metra wiring harness and a metra dash kit. We had everythig ready to go, and connected the cables color to color as per the instructions, we have the mute wire left over on the head unit as well as the antenna wire on the stock wiring harness. We powered it on and all the functions work but no sound comes from the speakers. AM i supposed to connect those through rca jacks or something, i just cant figure it out.

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

connect the blue with white stripe wire(amp turn on) from the pioneer, to the blue wire(antenna) on the metra harness.

3. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

wow i feel stupid now the car does have a built in amp and thats probably not getting any power. Thanks for the post. that should fix it ill look into it tomorrow.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

lol, don't feel bad. it's a common thing. hell i even made that error on my first couple of installs.

5. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

got up today and hooked it up and it sounds awesome, now just to wire the power and audio cables for the amp and subs :o