Headphones vs. Lawnmower

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CKY4800, Mar 16, 2005.

1. CKY4800

CKY4800 New Member

Are there any headphones that are useable while mowing a lawn without severely damaging your hearing?

2. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

best bet would be noise cancelling headphones. however, they arn't going to completely remove the noise the lawnmower produces...but would be your best bet.

3. 04

04 Guest

I would suggest a pair of in-ear isolating headphones. Something like the Shure e2c or the Etymotic ER-6.

I've got the Shure e2c's and provide fantastic isolation from outside noises.

4. Zemo

Zemo n00b of the year

:werd:
    Stay away from noise cancelling....those are a gimmick, and give you less than poor sound quality. Try some in-ear phones, or "canal phones". I love my Westone UM2's! For a lower budget, like 04 said, check out the shure E2c or Etymotic ER-6i. (yes, the i version is better).

5. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

The "i" version are higher impedance, right? So, they may not be good for someone that doesn't want to drag a headphone amplifier out with them while lawnmowing lol (assuming that's what the "i' means).

6. Zemo

Zemo n00b of the year

not sure, havn't looked at the specs, although I do know of people who use the i sans headphone amp. I know it's supposed to have an improved bass range though.