Headphones + mic

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Zak8022, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

ok, i'm looking for both a new set of headphones, as well as a mic (for online gaming). the headphones i would like to be of good sound quality, since i tend to be a bit of an audiophile. i know good headphones are out there, but i'm not sure if good headphones are out there with a mic boom built in.

what kinda setups do you guys use? i'm looking for suggestions and opinions.

on the other hand, would it be a good idea for online gaming to use a seperate mic and headphones? like, have a mic sitting on my desk somewhere rather than attached to the headphones.

2. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

sennheiser hd280pro's have a mic attachment.....but I have never been able to find it :o

3. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

4. Grifter

Grifter Silver Member

5. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

thats exactly what i was going to recommend, except i thought it was a different model with the boom, not a seperate attachment...

6. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

ok... i think i'm going to get that cheap-o logitech mic and see how that goes with my normal speakers.

the headphones i wont need for a little while.. i think about it more... and i wouldnt need them all that often... and just cant justify it. i already have a pair of earbuds (Sony EX-71's) for my ipod, which i could always use in a pinch.

thanks for your help guys.