Headphone Crew - so these Shure E4Cs pretty much kick ass. :eek5:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dbman96, Dec 2, 2005.

1. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

:eek5:

Seriously, these things are outstanding. I was ready to buy a pair of ER6 etymotics but I HATE HATE HATE those hair-thin cables because I use my headphones to work out etc and they get tangled and broken easily. And I wanted the option of several diff earpieces, so the Shures made sense. But everything I read said the E3C just isn't quite in the same league so I figured I had some extra $ in my paypal acct and spent the $170 on the E4C. Dear GOD these things are nice. Even off the iPod headphone output... can't imagine what they must do with a decent headphone amp.

2. teknovin2

teknovin2 sssssssick

i agree.. i just picked up a pair of e4c's too... i own the e2c's which do provide deeper bass but the clarity of the e4c's are much better. enjoy em :h5:

3. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

You should hear the E5s! Although if I was going to do it again I'd probably go with the Westone UM2 since the crossover is built into the buds not a Y-split in the headphone cable.. which is pretty annoying with the added extra weight on the E5s.

If you like bass try to listen to the Ultimate Ears Superfi 5eb. OMG :cool:

4. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

Those are not headphones. Those are "earphones" and I call them "earbuds". Basically, horrible sound.

I compared them to my Grado SR60s and the sound is horrible. I could not even listen to E2c. The E5 was the only one I could stand to have in my ear. Go out and get some Grado SR80s or Sennheiser HD580s. Thats real sound, even on an ipod.

5. SouLchild

SouLchild DIME PIECE GREASE OT Supporter

uh.. ^you dont know what you're talkin about

6. dhacmbs

dhacmbs OT Supporter

ive had mine for about a month and i love them just wish they had the bass my e2c's had :sad2: