Headlight modulators

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Subie Driver, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Subie Driver

Subie Driver Eye see what you did there.

OK, I'm new to the world of powered 2-wheelers, and I know I just have a scooter, but it's what i wanted to start with, and I'm actually very happy with it. But, anyways, I'm looking to get some headlight modulators, but I'm not exactly sure what kind I need. I have dual headlights, H7 bulbs, one is for lows, and one is for high. When I put them on high, the low turns off. Just trying to see if this is how it works on "real" bikes, and if a normal dual-headlight modulator would work with this. Thanks in advance!

2. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

should work just fine.

3. Subie Driver

So the way mine works is the same way 2-headlight motorcycles work then? Cool, thanks!

4. Subie Driver

Wiring shouldn't really matter, as the modulators I've seen go between the plug and the bulb. Thanks again, I'm gonna try to find myself something this weekend.

5. Frequency

Frequency New Member

my buell has the same bulbs same setup 1 for hi 1 for low when high coems on low goes off unless im jsut flashing someone

6. Subie Driver

Thanks, I guess then if I find something that will work on a Buell, it will work on my Piaggio. That will probably help out.

Me and you, man, the Outcasts of "Power Sports & Motorsports"; I ride a scooter, you ride a Buell. Viva la difference!

7. Frequency

Frequency New Member

LOL preach it

8. Subie Driver

I've actually been suprised at the number of riders who have given me the low wave. Mostly cruisers, too, but a couple sportbikes.

9. dhacmbs

dhacmbs OT Supporter

i :love: the low wave

10. Subie Driver

Me, too, it makes me feel like I belong to something. I just wonder how many of them throw it out there and then realize when we get closer that I'm just riding a scooter?

11. Frequency

Frequency New Member

HDs never give the low wave to anything around here cept other HDs, damn wannabe tough guys

some crotch rockets won;t wave to me either so sad

I wave to scooters b/c i need someone to wave back

12. Subie Driver

I just try to wave to everyone now, and see who waves back. Non-HD cruisers are really good, usually the first to wave to me.

13. Subie Driver

OK, got me a headlight modulator and brakelight flasher from www.comagination.com , prices where better than others I'd seen, installation was fairly easy, and the ervice and shipping was great. I went with the dual H7 setup.

14. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

I can get HD riders to wave only when I see them way out in the middle of nowhere. The posers that ride to the bar and home and have never done more than a 20 mile long trip wont wave because they are into riding for the image, same with the sport bike guys that dont wear helmets. If you see them out 50 miles from the city those are the guys who ride for fun and I would say 90% or more will wave back no matter what you or they are riding.

15. Subie Driver

I don't get that riding without gear thing. Do they think it makes them look cool? My neighbor has a Ninja 6RR, and when he rides, all he wears is a helmet, t-shirt, denim pants or shorts, and tennis shoes. And he's dumped it before, spent a few weeks with his arm in a sling! And, yeah, those HD posers are lame. Why buy a bike if you aren't going to ride it? Like my neigbor, his Ninja has bigger chicken strips than my scooter, I think. I "only" have a scooter, sure, but it does 80, I ride it hard and aggresive, and I like my skin where it is.