MIL Heading to Parris Island tommorow

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fedaykin, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Fedaykin

Fedaykin New Member

:bigthumb:

A little nervous, just feels weird being in DEP for almost a year and now its finally here. :) Sucks too because when I get back, most of my friends will have just headed off to college. Oh well I'm sure it will be an interesting experience

2. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

lol my friend was up til almost 3:30am playing hockey in front of his house vefore he shipped out. i think he got picked up around 5-5:30 :rofl:

he said he wasnt nervous too :rofl:

3. KnightRider1114

KnightRider1114 New Member

Do your best to get whatever schooling you can in service. I wasted my time thinking I was gonna jump on the Army ROTC scholarship program before I got injured in Iraq. Waste not a moment.....4 years active service with a combat arms job and not a damn thing to show for it except some pretty fruit salad on the dress uniform, a cane to walk with for the rest of my life, and 5 measly service translated college credits...and I'm only 22.

Good luck, just don't do anything stupid like my "brother" did and do the crucible on some broken toes.....yeah it shows heart, but he'll be suffering for it later on.

4. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

:rofl: I couldn't even sleep the night I had MEPS:o

5. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

they pick you up early cause its all part of the plan to deprive you of sleep ... good luck sucker .. :rofl:

6. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

Give OT your address while you're down there FTW mofo.

7. KnightRider1114

Oh yeah, wait...you have to MAKE IT first off to do all taht wonderful shit I'm talking about...durrrr

8. Fedaykin

Fedaykin New Member

Not sure how I'd be able to do that while I'm down there. I'm not sure I want to either ;)

9. Priest Tango

well your gonna make it either way, its just a matter of how much time it takes. from my understanding theres no "easy way out"

10. thesuperlurker

thesuperlurker yes i know i have few posts... you arent the first

I'm at PI right now. I went to watch pick up yesterday morning and it didn't seem bad at all. At OCS we got picked up in an auditorium and then had to drag all of our gear across the parade deck and to the barracks about a third of a mile away. Yesterday they were already in their squadbays and just had to run from the front of the squadbay to the front of their racks.

I'm sure they got fucked with pretty good when all the officers left though.

Some other things I've noticed, sand fleas are really bad in the morning on the PT fields, which sucks for you because thats when you'll be PTing.

The food in the chow hall is pretty damn good (I eat at second battalion chow hall about twice a week). The recruits I have seen seem to get a pretty decent amount of time to eat, but they are graduating soon I think, so they probably get screwed with a little less during chow.

The temperature isn't too bad, its hot but not unbareable.

The base is in a very nice area that people pay big bucks to vacation in, but there is still absolutely nothing to do. I feel bad for the PFCs and LCpl that graduated boot and got PI as their first duty station.

The final thing I've realized is how lucky Accord is going to be at PI. Fourth battalion has a rubber track as opposed to dirt track and they get a huge covered area to do MCMAP in rather than doing it out in the middle of a field.

*edit- Also summer is when all the DIs get crazy. We get a recruit a week coming in to tell us a story about a DI going nuts on him. Enjoy.

11. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

Fedaykin, I'm jealous. Good luck brutha!

12. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

:sadwavey:

mrp for you

13. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Good luck RECRUIT!

he lied

14. KnightRider1114

Soap on a rope goes a long way...have mom & pop send you some in care packages ;)

15. Priest Tango

oh i know. he said basic was easy as hell. i had to hold back laughter, i didnt want to laugh at him while he was still on the island :o

:rofl: no sense in lying about it to make yourself look "tougher" but whatever

16. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Enjoy the glow belt. :mamoru:

17. Accord

Accord New Member

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

18. Accord

Accord New Member

fuck no!