SRS Headaches

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kendan, Nov 3, 2008.

1. kendan

kendan New Member

Ok, so about a week or two ago I was getting out of the shower and I thought to myself, "oh I could rub one out real quick" it turns out that I was working on it for longer that I would have liked and out of nowhere my head just starts throbbing. It felt like it was going to explode for about 4-5 minutes, and it left me useless and on the floor in the fetal position. I got back up and the throbbing stopped but the pain was still there for a few hours. I didn't know what to think. So everything was fine the next day, I had almost completely forgot about it. Until I was about to have sex with my gf, first time in a while, and I blew it because again out of no where I got this throbbing headache. I was frustrated so I started reading on the internet and turns out it's semi common. The only thing that gets me is now I can't do anything, I can lift heavy objects or run because I get the same feeling. I am going to set an appointment with the doctor tomorrow I was just wondering what I should be looking forward to. Like, is there nothing to treat this, or should I just get used to them and tough it out. I'm semi ranting, but I'm also very scared because this is ruining my life.

2. kendan

kendan New Member

I guess a background, I don't smoke cigarettes, I don't drink alcohol, and I don't drink sodas on a daily basis.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its not only soda's ,too much caffeine from coffee can spark headackes too. But headackes so severe that they knock a person down onto the floor in a fetal position is quite rare, even if you would take extreme amounts of soda's or coffee, and even for drug users that's not common.What you have experienced sounds really dangerous ,almost like a stroke or something, So I would definitly see a neurologist about this and get your blood pressure measured.They should do a scan while you are maby lifting heavy things, if the headacke returns and see which area it is that is causing the severe headackes and get some medication for that area or blood pressure pills.

4. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

If you have a PPO skip the GP & go straight to a neurologist. They'll have more expertise in treating it - brains is their bidness.

5. kendan

kendan New Member

set up an appt with the school health center for wednesday, and a family practitioner on friday. Jesus, that av is hot, but I know It'll make the headache worse.

6. no lol today

Honestly, if you can, a neurologist will tell you what the problem is. You'll likely end up being referred to one anyway. If you beat around the bush it'll just take more time & money to address the problem.

heh. Sorry 'bout the av. :)

7. kendan

kendan New Member

went to the doc, and he said I had a muscle spasm. He gave me some muscle relaxants, but I've been feeling better the past two days.

8. no lol today

Muscle spasm? He didn't say myoclonic jerk, by chance?