MMA Headaches after sparring?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by konrad109, Aug 30, 2007.

1. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Is it normal to a have a slight headache the next day? Its nothing major but I definetley feel the inside of my head hurting. I took quite a few solid shots to the temple and side of the head, but never got dizzy from them. Is this something I should be concerned about or is it normal if I'm doing hard sparring?

2. miek

miek New Member

How long have you been sparring for? And how long has this been happening for?

3. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Started boxing just a few months ago and this was only my second hard sparring session. The first time it went away after the second day.

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I get slight headaches from the adrenaline loss.

unless you are getting rocked really hard then you should be getting headaches. probably unrelated.

5. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I'm not sure what rocked means. The impact is very heavy and my head gets shocked a bit, but I don't get dizzy or my vision get blurry or anything like that. I'm hoping its unrelated and that simply taking hard hits that don't KO me won't be detrimental to my mental health in the long run. He said he landed maybe 3-4 shots at 80-90 percent power.

I remember seeing Optamix's old video where he went down in a sparring session and he also dropped the other guy for a sec. Did you guys have any headpain the next day?

6. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

I usually have a bit of a headache after sparring or fighting but yeah I got it from rugby too just assumed it was an adreniline dump and a bit of dehydration I just drank alot of water the night after.

7. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

dude you're getting your head banged around. yeah it's usually normal to have a little headache IMHO. move your head and cover up more.

8. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Just making sure. First time getting knocked around really hard for me I just wanna make sure I'm not getting my brain damaged without knowing (i.e. getting knocked down or "rocked").