Head light keeps flickering

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by pho real srsly, May 3, 2008.

1. pho real srsly

pho real srsly Active Member

Hey guys. I have a 01 gsxr600 and my headlight keeps flickering. Here's the story. I repainted my bike and put everything back together. But I accidently swapped the low beam and high beam harness. I had started the bike when I noticed it and didn't feel like switching it back at that point cuz I just wanted to ride. So later on, I tried to switch them back and while I was trying to get the low beam harness to fit through between the fairing bracket and the head lamp, I heard a crack. After that sound, that one just stopped working. The high beam harness worked fine for a while but now it is just having problems. The light kept flickering and blew my bulb so I replaced it and it still keeps flickering. Anyone know what the problem could be? Am I gonna have to replace the whole harness or just switch out the connectors that plug into the bulbs. Thanks.

2. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

have you checked the connections on the harness end for cracks? my first guess is thst the bulb wont stay seated snuggly

3. pho real srsly

I looked at em and they looked ok. I tried messing with the wires and it's still no good. I just don't know what to do besides replacing the harness but the dealer wants $125.....
    My friend thinks it's the connectors that actually plug into the bulbs but I don't know for sure.

4. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

then take the light out of the housing, turn it on, and try and wiggle the bulb. if it flickers, then its the connector thats your issue. If not, trace back all the wiring and see if its damaged anyhwere.

5. pho real srsly

I haven't actually taken the bulb out but I will give it a shot today. I did however wiggle the bulb around when it was on and it didn't really flicker. I'll report back after I try. Thanks

6. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

any update on this?

7. squid

squid braap

My guess is it's the connector housing that cracked. The ground is the outer part of the bulb, so without a solid contact it won't work properly.