GUN He wasn't profesional enough for a fotey either

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Police were also called to the scene of an accidental shooting early Sunday morning at White Castle, located at the corner of Vincennes and Spring streets in New Albany.

According to a police report, an officer responded and discovered Michael D. Lanham, 26, outside his car in the parking lot with “a large amount of blood” on the side of his leg. An ambulance crew was already at the restaurant.

Lanham told police he was sitting in the drive-thru and ejected a round from the chamber of his .40 caliber Smith and Wesson semi-automatic handgun. He then pulled the magazine out of the weapon, replaced the round, pulled the trigger and accidentally shot himself in the leg. He told police he was talking to his girlfriend, who was also in the car, and “wasn’t paying attention.”

The bullet entered his left leg through the calf and exited above his ankle.

White Castle employees said he was placing his order into the drive-thru speaker when they heard the gun go off and then a woman scream.

Lanham was taken by ambulance to University of Louisville Hospital where he was treated and released. The police report didn’t indicate whether or not Lanham was a New Albany resident.

Police confiscated his weapon, but Lanham was able to pick up the gun after he was released from the hospital.

Lanham had an Indiana handgun permit and according to an NAPD spokesman, committed no crime.

The woman with Lanham at the time of the incident told police the shooting was “entirely accidental” and that he is “always very safe with the weapon.”

2. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

do you want fries with that

3. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I can understand having the gun easily accessible while at white castle most of the ones around here are not in the best nieghborhoods and I usually find myself there at 3am, but why the fuck would you be fucking with it while sitting in the drive through :ugh:

5. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

Probably telling his girlfriend that he is the only person in the car professional enough to handle a smith and wesson fotey... :o

6. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

NY got reciprocity with IN except NYC?

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Indy honors NY permits NY doesnt honor Indy or anyone elses for that matter. But story all takes place in IN I think, new albany isnt NY.

8. :mamoru:

9. CString

CString New Member

so, he ejected the round first and then dropped the mag? obviously there was another round in the chamber then. what a dipshit.

10. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

im half paranoid when im around guns, i hate getting swept even if the action is open or the gun is broken... i even break and open my gun 3-4 times just to make sure i havent left any shells in the barrel... i hope that i dont ever become as complacent around firearms as this fucker...!

11. Accord

Accord New Member

That's dumb luck if i've ever seen it.

12. i'm pretty anal about checking my guns as well. i have to be since i have ADD. today i shot my air gun at the wall just a couple minutes after i had loaded it :uh:

13. black96gtvert

black96gtvert "Is that goal regulation size or what!" -Happy Gil

14. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

:werd: same here. I hate checking bores on guns without taking them apart, too. Every time I walk into a gun shop they insist on just locking back the bolt/slide and putting a light in the chamber for me to look down the barrel.

15. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

bad grammar.

"and, according to blah blah, committed no crime."

16. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

my place locks the slide back, takes out the mag, puts the slide forward and then locks the slide back again..places the firearm on the counter and then youc an pick it up

17. jonny427

jonny427 Scooby Doo OT Supporter

I too am completely paranoid about loaded guns, and check at least 3 times before any handling of it. Paranoia ftw

18. Accord

Accord New Member

At an SFDCC match a few weeks ago, this one guy had to show clear after he finished the stage, he had a Glock 17 and after the stage he dropped his magazine and then racked the slide 4 times really fast and just walked away. The RO stopped him and said that he didn't SHOW clear and the guy tried to argue saying he already cleared his gun... low and behold there was still a round in the chamber despite racking the slide 4 times.

19. places here do the same thing, except they have no problem pointing the gun at you with the finger on the trigger while they do it :o

20. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

when in doubt, pull the trigger

21. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Guy at a gun store back in Jacksonville wanted to show my brother and me how reliable the safety of his les baer was so he took it out of his holster and just started jerking on the trigger. :ugh: After that he was leaning against the counter with the gun barrel resting on his thigh.

22. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

:mamoru: :mamoru:

23. Accord

Accord New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hsugh:

24. :rofl:

25. trancezj

trancezj New Member

guy at a gun shop here was showing me a refurb glock and he took it out of his shop and made some reference to how smooth it was and to pull the trigger. I asked if it was loaded he said it wasn't, I pulled the slide back and I'll be damned there was a round in the chamber.