SRS he broke up with me...after 6 years

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Curegrrl, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Curegrrl

Curegrrl New Member

last night...i don't know what to do...i'm lost...i love him more than anything....things have changed between us in the past few months but i didn't think this would happen...i don't know what i did wrong... :wtc:

2. m0untaind3w

m0untaind3w OT Supporter

So what has changed in the past few months?

3. Curegrrl

Curegrrl New Member

he's a lazy jerk who never wanted to spend time with me...

i honestly don't know why i care.....

i think it's just because i've been with him for so long and i love him....

4. Idea of Evil

Idea of Evil Struggle

so what did you do wrong?
    how do you behave towards him that would make him leave you like this?

5. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

No offense, but it seems to me like he got bored.

6. level99

level99 Guest

or maybe has taken interest in another chick

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Don't assume it was your fault.

8. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

Broken up after six years..

I'm sorry for your loss. Have you tried trying to talk to him about it? Coming to a compromise of some sort. He should at least have given you a good reason.

9. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

Key word there is "Should"..... After being together for this long if he really valued the relationship he should give you a "good" reason. But sometimes people are selfish or feel guilty about the breakup so they may just give some bs answer. I have gotten the "things are just different" and "we are just different people" reason with my ex.... we were together for four years :hsugh:.

Curegrrl, I know its tough, and the first few weeks might be rough, but you should focus on the one and only thing that matters right now... which is you. Go out with your friends, do the things you stopped doing when you started dating him etc. Try not to get caught up in the whole depressive state for too long. While I agree its good to get your emotions out and all.... but staying in that state for too long will only hurt you more, plus it sorta gets addictive. Hell, take it from me... its been almost a year and I'm still not completely over my ex.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  10. easeupoffmynuts

easeupoffmynuts MVP OF SUCK

i think its one of those ive been with you so long that i dont want things to change. people are afraid of change especially with relationships and i know its really hard but in the long run it will work out.. you need to get out get with old friends do things try and be productive

11. Curegrrl

Curegrrl New Member

right now i'm just angry and wish every bad thing i can think of on him...

i'm just broken right now...

but i got my awesome down pillow back!!! :wiggle:

12. ladiik3

ladiik3 New Member

wow 6 years!!! im really sorry to hear that. but dont be pessimistic

13. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I don't know you from adam, or anything about your situation but take a few days to cry, bitch moan, and then get on with your life. Don't set around waiting for him to comeback. Don't be like me and still hope he's going to change everything and come running back to you. It will be two years Saturday since my decade long relationship came to an abrupt end, and I'm still being an emo kid about it once in awhile. That guy was my first true love and it fucked with me hardcore so I can relate (on some level) as to what you are going thru.

14. Curegrrl

Curegrrl New Member

he was my 1st true love...i just wish things could be what they used to be...but people get older and change...
    it's just hard to let go to the past...that is my main problem....

15. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Same here :hs: Try having to work with your ex, and being his superior :o:mamoru:

16. Jd

Jd Active Member

In a situation like this, the best thing to do is not focus on what has occurred. Just get your mind off the whole thing by picking up a hobby, going out with friends, but do not feel as though you have to cling to whatever comes around. This is YOUR TIME to live YOUR LIFE. Enjoy it!

17. kaitagsd

kaitagsd New Member

i wish there were more girls like you =(, something makes me think girls these days are all gold diggers, materialistic, slutty, whatever.... that they dont care what true love is, as long as they have the bling bling

but anyhow, give him and yourself some time, some distance... theres a possibility he will miss you after some time.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I never undestand why anyone sticks around in a relationship past 4 years without getting married. Unless both don't believe in it it just sounds like stalling to me...

19. Curegrrl

Curegrrl New Member

thanks for your replies guys...this sounds odd...but i really am kinda over it...i didn't think i'd be over this for months or years really...but i've got the best friends a girl could ever ask for...

i still love this guy...but probably for the wrong reasons... but life is going on...and there are more fishes in the sea ;)

20. Akumasun

Akumasun Follow the Light.

Time heals all...but in the mean time move on get better and make him jealous that he broke up with you.

The best revenge is success.

21. Brandon4au

Brandon4au New Member

I know how you feel. I dated a girl for 5 years and when we broke up I was devastated. Everything about the relationship was so comfortable. We were together for so long I couldnt imagine life without her. And when it ended I was given no closure. Her reason was because God told her we werent meant to be. After the emotional rollercoaster that I went through following that break up I became cold. I pretty much shut down all emotions when it came to relationships. I realized how easy it is to move in and out of relationships when you dont fully commit. I dated several girls after her but none really mattered the way that she did. Every relationship became based on physical attraction and lust rather than a true emotional connection. This made it very easy to satisfy sexual desires but it didnt make me happy. I have since forgotten what it feels like to really love someone. Basically it sucks!

There are certain ways to respond to your situation and I do not recommend the path I took. Try to realize that things didnt work out with this guy because you deserved better.

lol sorry for the rant. I wish you the best!

22. Ark

Ark New Member

Ok, I have to disagree with you on that comment. Do not seek revenge. Do not succeed only because you want to make him jealous. By all means succeed but do it for yourself not because of some petty revenge.

I've recently had this happen to me with my last relationship, but things transpired differently. She was the one that broke up with me and then started trying to make me jealous with all the success she was having. It didn't matter to me at that point and it just didn't work out too well for her. In the end her success stories ended up being just that, stories. At times I still miss her but I've moved past hating a person after I break up with them and it makes getting over them that much easier. I use all that effort to make myself happy. Best of luck to you.

23. flowers

flowers New Member

work it out people..tell that looser to work it out.fix things up.make the best of what you got...its not like he will find some one better. 6 years is a long time.SCREAM AT HIM AND TELL HIM TO WORK IT OUT INSTEAD OF FINDING A SHORT CUT AND ESCAPING....

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD HOLD HIM BY HIS COLLAR , SHAKE THE HELL OUTA HIM AND DISCUSS.

may be hes realized hes gay?

24. CrackityJones

CrackityJones OT Supporter

agreed to an extent. he owes you an explanation, at the very least you should be very clear on why after 6 years he decided to up and leave. I just broke up with (for the 11tybillionth time) a girlfriend of 4 years. This time there was a good bit of talking involved, and it's now a relief for us both that we're seperated. In the past we would let our problems escalate until we were both so miserable we had to seperate, and then got back together because we missed each other and didn't know why we broke up in the first place because we never talked. You get so comfortable with things, and even start to plan your future and daily routine around something and it's very hard to let go. For this reason I got back together with this girl again and again. Dependence is so easily confused with an actual connection/love because the absence of it leaves you lost, lonely and desperate. When there's no explanation as to why it's gone, it's 10x worse because you begin to blame/question yourself. My $.02: if he fails to give you an explanation after 6 years, he was too scared/insecure to do it a long time ago. I'm sorry for your situation, but trust me there's a lot better out there than this pansy. Take it as a lesson learned and move on with your life, better yourself, and enjoy the weight of a sour relationship off your back :hug:

Oh and post nudes. ;)

25. shortyxsam

shortyxsam GG.

Maybe you didn't love him as much as you did when you guys first started, and you were mostly upset that you lost a comfortable routine (of having your boyfriend).

I don't know if that made any sense, but it did for me when me and my boyfriend broke up. :wiggle: