HDTV reciever question...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by g1ock, Apr 19, 2003.

1. g1ock

g1ock Guest

I already have an HDTV compatible TV, and I was wondering if there was anything else I need besides the reciever to watch HDTV? Do I have to pay my cable company extra for HDTV services? Can anyone recommend a good HDTV reciever? I have cablevision for my cable company, thanks...

2. g1ock

g1ock Guest

bumpbumpbump

3. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

depending on where you are located cablevision is offering 4 HD channels right now for no extra charge assuming you have the IO digital package. If you don't have digital you'll have to sign up for it and request and HD box. You can get MSG, HBO, showtime, and fox sports in HD. Also make sure you hook the box up to the tv using the component inputs/outputs.

4. g1ock

g1ock Guest

If I got their box, would I need to still buy a seperate HDTV reciever? How much does the cablevision box go for? Thanks!

5. g1ock

g1ock Guest

bump bump bump

6. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

no the box is the HD receiver, but it will not allow you to receive OTA HD channels, only the digital channels through your cable line. If you want to get the broadcast HD channels you'll need a seperate box for that plus an antenna. cablevision charges something like $4 per month for the box and then $10 per month additional if you don't already have digital cable, plus you must scribe to regular HBO to get it in HD, and the same for showtime and the others.

7. GOPATRIOTS

GOPATRIOTS Guest

where can i get the antenna?Besides the cable company..I HAVE A BLACK BOX

8. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

you need an HDTV black box which isnt really made yet.. Basically stop stealing shit. If you want more HD channels pay something out. Otherwise unless cable companys and sat companys see the demand for HD content we will be stuck with the same shit..

look into sat tv instead though. 90% of the receivers have an antenna input so you can get local signals as well as the HD Sat signals.

9. dka

dka Go Big or Go Home

i have a brand new Sony SAT HD-200 for sale. Never been opened. $650 and you can pick up if you are in the bay area.

10. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

Next time please make a thread in the for sale forum and then post a link. THis isnt a forsale forum ;)

Thanks
    K

11. FlyNReeLow

FlyNReeLow Elite Member #200

shieeettt...

Ill give u 400 for it, and u bring it to me..

what a deal!

12. matrix243

matrix243 Earn this. Earn it.

My sat. provider doesn't charge extra for HD programming. I would go for the dish.