HD Video Camcorder

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Brandon, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon New Member

I wasn't really sure what section to put this in so I came here. I'm the Technology Director for a private Pk-8 school. We have a TV Studio class set up for our middle school that is just ... well, it is shit. We have several parents with deep pockets that like donating towards technology in the classroom.

One thing we want to do is revamp the TV Studio class and sort of start fresh with more modern technology. We visited a local PAC that recently went through a $10 million revamp. We don't have that money but were pretty inspired.

I don't know JACK SHIT about video stuff. I am looking for a HD video camcorder that can record Jr High Basketball/Football/Soccer games, as well as theatrical stuff. The people at the school we visited pointed us in this direction: http://www.cdwg.com/shop/products/default.aspx?edc=1568272&enkwrd=ALLPROD:(AG-HPX170) -- and that is all I have to run with right now.

Any input or recommendations for something else? The $5,500 price tag isn't a huge ordeal, but we were thinking somewhere in the $2k to $3k range for a good HD camcorder.

We won't be doing live streaming, but would like quality video that can be posted to our website for viewing the next day.

:sadwavey: