SRS havn't smoked a cig in fucking 30 hours

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by x deaD piXeL, Oct 17, 2007.

1. x deaD piXeL

x deaD piXeL Turn up the fucking music!

hell yeah!!! i'm pumped

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

put yourself on a five minute basis if you have to

and get the patch

3. x deaD piXeL

when i wake up it'll be a day but what do you mean by five minute basis? this is COLD TURKEY ! ! ! but all day this goes around in my head: 1. I need a cig! DAMN! 2. Fuck that, this quitting would be for nothing then! 3. But wait, if I can quit this easy now, I can quit this easy later! 4. Wait fuck that.... Start back over at number 1 lol

4. 0mega

0mega Active Member

How long did you smoke for? I found the toughest part about quitting was the coughing, it was also the reason I quit.

5. x deaD piXeL

Not very long. Hell I'm only 19 :p. But yeah, about 6 years.

6. i killed tupac

i'm saying if it seams impossible to quit, just quit for 5 minutes at a time. You will find that what seams impossible is doable on a minute by minute basis

7. x deaD piXeL

Naw I'm fine. I havn't smoked since. I just woke up one day and said "Fuck it i'm quitting" and I havn't smoked since. GO fucking me

8. i killed tupac

oh you're gonna wanna smoke :mamoru:

9. 0mega

0mega Active Member

Yea I'm 20 and I've been on and off. The best thing is to keep your mind occupied.

10. i killed tupac

11. x deaD piXeL

havn't fucking smoked since never thought it'd be this easy

12. 1badbird

1badbird New Member

im on hour 48 right now....maybe ill go to the gym for the 4th time today.

13. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

I was in your boat about 4 months ago man. About 6 years of chain smoking. I found the best approach was to not make any sort of deal about. When I was really ready to quit I didn't tell anyone about it, I'd go out with my friends for a smoke and just not have one and if I was offered one I'd just say naw man I'm good.

For some reason this not telling anyone approach worked wonders.

good luck man, when you truly want to quit you can do it.

14. x deaD piXeL

How's not telling anybody help? My friend's actually encourage me to stop. ;)

15. kaps

kaps :lurk: OT Supporter

if you fail, its a private failure, easier to handle and try quitting again. I need to stop, but I keep making excuses.

16. SmugDruggler

SmugDruggler New Member

I found it the same way. Coughing up crap is just pretty lousy and it really does look gross when you aren't the one doing it all the time. But yeah, my lungs seemed to get revenge on me the first two weeks or so after I quit. Not pleasant, but also helpful because it reminded me of what I was DOING.

And I'd have to say not making a big deal out of it is only good if you're like me and you never follow through on things. :hs: I just stopped smoking and started refusing smokes...even when people asked me if I was quitting, I just said "...could be."

17. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

if you want, try reading 'the easy way to quit smoking' by alan carr.

one of the things he says in the book is smoking in itself causes you to want to smoke again. it is like wearing shoes 2 sizes too small, just so you can have the awesome feeling of taking them off at a later time. smoking is the shoe 2 sizes too small. if that makes sense :o

18. gnat

gnat New Member

After about 2weeks-month it gets ALOT better, I slipped up for a month or two after 5 years with no smokes... Also quit for 6 months the first time.

If any of you really have problems with it, talk to your doctor about chantix. It's better than the patch if you ask me as it's not nicotine, yet it does work on your nicotinic receptors and makes you not feel the need to smoke. One month is about 100-150$ but that's no more than you'd probably spend on smokes. You can usually set a date and quit within a week or two.

19. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

I dunno why it helps but I found that that was the only time i was succesful with. I think it becasue if you tell people it puts importance on it and makes it a bigger thing. If you don't tell anyone its not that big of a deal and you don't think about it as quiting as this epic hard thing, its not just a decsision you've made.

20. Dadilius

Dadilius New Member

I know that this thread is a little old, but I just thought that I would share as well.

I smoked for ~7-8 years and decided about 8 months ago to stop. I talked to my Doctor and asked about Chantix, having heard it worked extremely well. Depending on your insurance, I've heard of people spending 10-100 bucks on it (me, 100 bucks since my insurance blows :greddy:) Have to say though, it does help a lot. It's a month month program, unless you need to go longer. For me, I was on it three weeks, slowing my smoking down, till the last part of the three weeks I quit completely. I never had any urges after that to smoke or any cravings either. I don't know if that had to do with the drug, or my mind, but either way, it was painless.

So, a little over 7 months of no smoking now and it's great. My lungs feel better, no more coughing and I can't complain about it at all. Other than now I can REALLY smell how bad smoking smells!

21. TazRes

TazRes New Member

I've been seeing on t.v. of that ear thingy, called zerosmoke. Has anyone tried that? I've tried quiting several times with no luck.

22. Mona

Mona New Member

I bought that book along with patches and gum. I thought it might give me an extra boost of confidence or something to get through the horrible time of quitting I was in for. After reading it the last thing I wanted in my body was more nicotine, so I ended up giving the patches and gum away unopened.

23. poostik

poostik member

Jan 1st will be 9 months for me. Cold turkey. I smoked for 15 years.