Having Trouble Sharing Files Across Wireless Network

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by KiddX, Apr 29, 2007.

1. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

Ok, so i have my PC hard wired to my netgear wg614 router. i have my girlfriends laptop which connects wireless. i just want her to be able to see the files in my "shared" folder, and i dont think im doing it right. can anyone point me in the direction of a good walkthrough/how-to?

2. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

If both PCs are running XP, the easiest thing for me is to run the network setup wizard on both PCs (located in My Network Places, on the top left), then on the option that says "Turn On File and Printer Sharing", make sure it's enabled. Then, make a note of each PC's name (right click My Computer -> Properties -> Computer Name -> Full Computer Name). Then, to access shared folders, simply type \\computername in any Windows Explorer address bar to bring up that PC's shared folders and printers.

3. KiddX

i try running it on my gf's laptop and wheni get to the end where its "setting up this computer for networking" of whatever, it just sits there and doesnt move .

4. KiddX

ok so i figured out that my linksys card was giving me shit, took it out and reverted back to the built in one, works fine. so i can now see the shared stuff, but i cant open the folders... i double click on them and they just go gray.

so i cant access the desktop from the laptop, but i can access he laptop from the desktop,

5. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

Open REGEDIT on the laptop and modify these keys. Reboot and see if it works.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\]
    "restrictanonymous"=dword:00000000

"everyoneincludesanonymous"=dword:00000001

"forceguest"=dword:00000000