SRS Having trouble reading the situation

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SeeVinceRun, Feb 3, 2006.

1. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

I met a girl recently who went to my highschool. She is a few years younger than I am (21 vs 23). So far she seems great. She cute, smart, and has a good head on her shoulders. We hit it off immediatly and spent a few days together after each of us got off work.

Then she told me she just got out of a relationship and needed to clear her head before jumping into another. I felt this was pretty reasonable if it was true and told her to take as much time as she needs.

Its been about 2 weeks and I got e-mails from her but no calls. She finally calls this week and wants to go out on a date somewhere. I told her ill take her out to dinner, maybe a movie or a show or something on saturday night. yesterday I get a call telling me she has to hang out with a friend of the family.

Now...this is a little odd. He's some dude that she hasnt seen in years, and he is going to be in town for a while but she cancels our date on saturday NIGHT to go out with a friend?

Does this seem fishy to anyone else? She strikes me a great and totally trustworthy person, but everyone around me is pointing out how little sense this makes.

CLIFFS: Met girl, hit it off. Girl needs time. Girl gets time. Girl makes date to start the ball rolling on a new relationship. Girl cancels date to hang with a friend. BS?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

if a girl gives you the 'my head hurts from another relationship' is another word for ' im saying this to get rid of you because i am interested in another guy, who is not you' .

3. Create

Create :free at last:

When she cancelled did she also suggest another specific time? If not, well, give it a few (1-2) days and drop one last call.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Let her call you. She cancelled at the last minute. Try to relax, and not get all worked up. Easier said than done, I know, but try not to relax.

5. johan

johan Active Member

It's not going to happen. You'll get a call if her other choices fall through.
    But you'll be dropped again when something better comes along.

Up to you if the poon is hot enough to warrant such shabby treatment.

6. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

Girls are fucking nuts! Im in a similar situation. This girl who was in my dorm last year said she wants to hang out. I've tried setting up 3 different dates and she always backs out because she has something important to take care of. Dont ask me what to do...because I have no idea. My plan is to not call her for awhile, but that usually just drives them away faster.

7. SeeVinceRun

I dont know if this is true. She told me this at the start, and then still wanted to hang out everyday for a while. Only after she asked about getting serious (to which I replied something along the lines of 'if it happens, im all for it') did she want the time alone. Otherwise I would agree with this

My text to her: So when did you want to see me?

Her: I dont know, id say tonight but im sick

Me: you need to do two things. 1) feel better. 2) figure out when you want to see me

Her: im sorry im being so difficult, will you call me when you get off work tonight?

Me: deal.

Im a really laid back guy, and dont easily get attached, so if this is all some sort of word game, im not terribly worried about it. If something comes of this, great. If not then there are plenty of others.

Oh, and she is very cute, but only semi-sexy. One of those "adorable" types.

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Listen to Johan. Move on. You're not tops in her book, or she would treat you better. The last thing you want to do is to fall for someone who just thinks you're so-so.

These situations aren't complicated. Its just that guys are like infant duckies... we imprint immediately, and are hooked. Even if she's moved way the fuck on already.

Now, maybe she'll call you tomorrow and prove us all wrong. But just be aware that you are fooling yourself if you cling to that hope. You're worth more than that.

9. SeeVinceRun

Dear lord man, im not in love with this girl. Shes cool, but thats as far as it goes. I just cant read a situation to save my life.

But....you are right. Shes got this weekend to hook something up. If she doesnt? Ah well. I dont have lots of time for girls anyway, but it would have been nice...

10. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

But why all the fuss... so you like her and she shows indication she likes you a little bit. That's all it is. Don't put so much weight on the whole thing and expect her to fall head over heels for you right away.

The whole "you figure out when you want to see me" comes across as a little too callous to me. I wouldn't even say that to a friend if I expected them to want to hang out with me.

Just play it cool, be nice, be available, keep your other options open...if she pursues you again someday then give it a go and see what happens.

EDIT: About the old friend...don't read too much into it yet. a) she's not committed in any way to you yet, and b) for all it's worth, you just have to give her the benefit of a doubt at first that this meeting is exactly like she says it is: just seeing an old friend.

11. SeeVinceRun

You think? I didnt mean it in a dismissive manner.

I know I shouldnt put any weight into it, but its still weird that it was her idea to go out, her who brought up getting serious and then her who broke plans.

Who knows. Maybe this whole situation is just my insecurities surfacing. Maybe shes full of it.

Should I make other plans for this weekend involving a uber-hot girl I know?

12. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Make other plans. Don't sit around waiting for her to call.

13. SeeVinceRun

good call.

Its good to have people that dont have distorted views on the subject.:bowdown: