having trouble burning...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by rocklee, Sep 19, 2005.

1. rocklee

rocklee New Member

I'm trying to burn a movie (ff7) which happens to be a 700mb avi file. I just converted to mpeg and now the file is too large to fit on a cd-r (vcd) so I'm assuming I have to burn it on dvd-r now. NOW, I can't burn on neither since the file is too large for both :wtc: ...NEED HELP :sadwavey: !!

and also wondering if there is a way to make mpeg files smaller?

programs I'm currently using...TMPGEnc and Ulead

2. photo_piyamp

photo_piyamp New Member

that avi file should transcode to fit on a dvd. you're using windows right? make sure the software knows you're burning to dvd and the transcoder is set with mpeg4 ntsc settings. i know it will burn to dvd because a friend of mine got himself a copy and tried to give me one. i don't condone what you're doing so do me a favor and buy a copy when it's released.

3. rocklee

rocklee New Member

yes, windows and no its just not letting me burn (can't burn vcd or dvd format..file too large). it keeps telling me that...and the same way I burn my anime is the exact same way I'm trying to burn this movie. just don't know how it got so big when the file itself was just only 700mb when it was in avi format. hope somebody could understand what I'm talking about because I think I just pretty much repeating myself :eek4: (and yes, NEED HELP!! :sadwavey: )

4. negative zero

negative zero New Member

download Sonic mydvd Studio Deluxe Suite. I believe it takes the avi and encodes it to mpeg2 and puts it on the dvd all at once. pretty decent program.

5. rocklee

rocklee New Member

I tried to search for it, but no luck...