*having issues* ipaq 4155, 256 SD, files

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 01000101, Jan 14, 2004.

1. 01000101

01000101 New Member

i just bought an sd card for my pda, and i cant seem to get file onto the card through the pda. i tried to browse to the folder and copy things to it, and itll start copying, and then after it gets a little over half way, and just starts over. and thats the only way i can get to the card..

can someone please help me? i hate to have spent that much money to have a card i cant use without buying a reader

can i get files on there through active sync?

thanks in advance for any help you can offer

2. evolution

evolution New Member

did u format it first

3. 01000101

01000101 New Member

nope, took it out and put it in the pda.

someone walk me through the basics?

i decided to just let it be when it was copying, and when i came back, it had actually finished. but i cant play the .avi that i copied over. it doesnt work with the included media player obviously, but when i try to play it with pocketdivx, the screen is black and white and shitty quality, theres three images and it doesnt rotate it 90 degrees to use the screen, and it says the the audio couldnt be loaded.

i read something in 2600 that you have to copy over video files through activesync if you want them to work, but i dont know how to do that

4. pookrat

pookrat OT Supporter

Might actually need to be formatted. Never know how the card are formatted at the factory. Good PPC Format Utility can be found here.

http://www.cnetx.com/format/

As far as copying files over through Active Sync (AS)??? Just open AS when the iPaq is connected and click on Explore. Browse to the Storage Card through the My Pocket PC link. Copy and Paste to and fro. Or you could create a Synchronized Files Folder by choosing Files as a Sync Option but that way will usually try to convert all files and can cause probs.

As far a the video goes??? Could be anything. Incompatible AVI Codec. Encoded wrong. Too fast a bit rate. Try just playing a generic file first to see if PocketDivx is working.

5. 01000101

01000101 New Member

okie, ive run the formating thing, and i am able to get files to the card. but i still cant play anything with pocketdivx, ive tried several different avi, and an mpg. anyone know how to fix pocketdivx or another player for avi and mpg?

one of the reasons i went ppc over palm is to play videos, and i dont much want to convert all of my video to wmv

6. evolution

evolution New Member

Try the PDA boards, there a lot out there and they will probably be able to help you better.

7. pookrat

pookrat OT Supporter

Yeah. Brighthand is prolly one of the largest and friendlier boards out there.

There's Pocket PC Passion too but they seem to be pretty biased at times.