SRS Having Girl Troubles?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by OniMinion, Sep 24, 2009.

1. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

I just thought it was worth pointing out, to our younger OT audiences, something of a pattern I've seen lately in Asylum posts.

I see a lot of posts where individuals "love" their significant other, and don't want to believe that their significant others would want anyone but them. Fuck that, if she is under 24-25, odds are she still doesn't know what she wants. Girls change so much before mid-twenties. I have two case and points:

1) I had just got out of a four-year relationship, and the second girl I was with was "amazing" or so I thought. When I got seriously ill (flu like symptoms) I headed to the doctor's office. At first he thought I had the flu, then an STD, and then... I learned that I had a bladder infection (I'm a male for those of you who don't know). The Doc told me that he's only seen it one other time in his 30 years of practice. He said, "I bet the person you are sleeping with is sexually active with one or more partners other than you. First, ask if she has a yest infection." I confronted her with this information, and wouldn't you know, she was with her ex high school boyfriend. I ended it there. Many of OTers in here seem like they would keep trying. Of note, she is now married to other said male as of a few weeks ago (hurray Facebook).

2) Another situation is when I met a girl at work (already a stupid idea). We got to seeing each other, and messing around after a while. One day she mentions that she is getting together with so and so to go hang out "as friends" (her words there). I remember this one vividly, I looked at her while she was naked in her closet getting ready for work that morning and I said, "fuck that, we're over." Turns out I'm the only person that has ever dumped her, 'cause now she is married to that guy as well (again, thanks Facebook).

My point is simple, find someone that is actually into you, and actually wants to be with you. If they wander too much, leave. Get the FUCK out!
    /rant kinda,
    /advice by experience mostly

2. planeh

planeh Guest

this is all they need to know to be honest. With EVERY girl I've dated that was between 20-24 they change like the weather. If there is anything you should take away from someone who has been there (me) it is don't take that relationship too seriously, have fun and look to meet your "wife" post 25.

3. OniMinion

Pretty much the thought I was trying to get across to the audience. I'm sure you could add a few examples yourself.

And seriously, people really do need to have fun during their early 20's.

4. planeh

planeh Guest

I could add about 10 prime examples, but why bore everyone :mamoru:

I also believe that the outcome of a relationship is heavily dependent upon your location, occupation, schooling/surroundings etc. What I mean is, a girl that grows up in a rural area with population less than 1000 and doesn't go away to college will be more than likely to marry her SO through those years as opposed to a girl that grew up in say...Topeka KS and went to school in NYC where there are more opportunities, etc.

Thats just my opinion though.

5. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

I was like you said in your first post. Thought these 2 girls I was were the ones and was in love with them. Well yeah, both ended up cheating on me and fucking me over. Now I'm single and really enjoy doing my own thing. Its easier, a bit lonelier (in a good way), and really less stress. I'm 21, no need to weigh myself down with this crap.

6. OniMinion

I think people are like cats. When I was a child I could shock my cats nose with static electricity close to 10 times a day. Without fail, she would keep walking over to me - either she forgot, or didn't care and would rather sit with me. People are like that to. If I had truly not moved on from those past experiences I would not have gotten married. You have to put yourself out there in order to find something worthwhile; however, you also need to protect yourself. Keep in mind that if something is appealing, it's probably worth approaching - yet, while in the midst of things don't forget that you can succeed on your own. If shit heads south drop shit verses trying to patch a quickly flooding hull.