SRS having difficulty moving on.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by stillmatic, Sep 30, 2006.

1. stillmatic

stillmatic New Member

i go to school, go to the gym after, hangout/talk to friends, study, basically moved on with my life after a breakup last june in a relationship of 3 years, i've changed every aspect of my life since we broke up and more independent. but the voice telling me to move on isn't my own voice, its my ex's, its telling me to grow up and be a man, and be successfull etc. lately i've lost my motovation every since i attempted to cut her off in my life, but i find myself wanting to talk to her and see her to. she gives me focus and direction. what the fuck is wrong with me.

been dating, and all i think about is that this girl isn't half of what my ex was. and this is after i get to know them. i really miss my ex on a personal level. conversations and activities seem empty when i'm with somebody else besides her.

2. stillmatic

stillmatic New Member

no advice from anyone?

3. zguy

zguy New Member

I used to have that problem. But I realized that she didn't want me anymore so I made myself move on. It took a lot of time and it still deep down bothers me on some level, but overall its a none issue.

4. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

Why did the breakup occur? Your choice or hers?

5. McFly

McFly New Member

I am going to have to agree with this guy. I had a very similar experience. It was very hard to get over her and I still think about her all the time and we havent talked since March. For as much as I liked her and thought what an amazing girl she was, she chose to be with another guy... and is marrying him :(

6. stillmatic

stillmatic New Member

her choice

7. stillmatic

stillmatic New Member

she tells me she's wants to be single again and have fun, doesn't want a boyfriend, blah blah blah, and when i talk to her she still answers my calls and calls me back when i leave her messages, and tells me she's happy for me when i tell her my accomplishments. it was her choice because i didn't grow up and didn't work towards the life i wanted for myself and her. i WAS lazy in my life. trying to prove to myself and her that i can be independent, but lately ive lost my interest in my goals when i don't talk to her.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

My gf said the same thing. That means she doesn't want a relationship right now, and whether it means in general or just not with you, it's the same outcome.

Do not ever get back with her. Don't allow her the priveledge of letting her "have fun" (fucking other guys) and THEN getting back with a great guy like you. She had her chance. If she doesn't want a relationship with you NOW, when YOU want one, then it's not going to work out.

9. stillmatic

stillmatic New Member

but as a friend, she's my BEST friend, above all my guy friends. sucks that i can talk to her on the phone/msn, but when i want to hang out, i got shot down all the time, because she thinks i'm just going to try and get back with her.

10. big 1

big 1 New Member

i hear you. I am going through the same shit now. I have been asked out but i decline. I got proactiv, new clothes, quit smoking, and started working out. I miss her to death and I want her back. It sucks, she says move on too and I have tried to but I am in love with her and I can't break that.

11. stillmatic

stillmatic New Member

i finally realized i deserve better, i guess this is a good first step. :/

12. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Don't let her be the one going out and having fun while you sit at home thinking about her. Let it go. She has.

Time to get your life back.

13. Shattered Soul

Shattered Soul New Member

sweetie don't sweat it it takes forever to get over that long of a relationship but she just wants control of you... don't give it to her... instead wip her into shape:whip:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006