SRS having a meeting with my boss that will turn into a shouting match

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by civicmon, May 15, 2008.

1. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

Long story short: I have among the best stats in my dept (i work on a trading desk) yet this one lady, who has had disiplinary problems left and right got the exact same assignment I wanted.

It's clear that people whose stats are among the best get choices. obviously, not only was I never consulted, she's been written up, bad trades etc. She's good friends with my boss. Go figure :rolleyes:

It's a fucking joke and I'm tired of that shit. I'm going to state how fucking pissed I am and that not only is it blatently unfair it's downright wrong to be told one thing and watch the other in action.

I haven't been so pissed at anything in months, either at or not at work.

the sad part is that they're supposed to be integrating my team with another dept and I'm supposed to be training them... and the assignment this other lady got does exactly that and she's going elsewhere!

Fucking tired of this shit. It won't end well but who cares, I gotta stand up for what's right and just lay my shit out there. I'm as good as gone ASAP at this point, and they've been begging me to stick around.

Way to help those you value :rolleyes:

2. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

don't make trouble for yourself :o

3. civicmon

i'm cool. When I actually complain, something is very, very wrong and they know I'm not a whiner.

Which is why my comments will carry weight. Plus, if I'm valuable as they claim, they're going to put up or shut up.

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Everyone is replaceable. I've seen the best worker criticize the company, given a week vacation to calm down, and then fired the same day he came back. It's not right to raise your voice at the boss. If you don't like the work situation, ask for more money, something that you'd feel more comfortable with, or quit because they won't change the way they treat you. If they don't recognize good work, they're not good bosses so you can't really expect too much from them.

5. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

lol, my friend works at CC and sold $1,000,000 worth of TV's for the year. Highest in the store by far. They still treat him like he's nothing special, so he's just barely meeting minimum numbers now and telling them to go fuck themselves.

I don't understand why businesses don't try to keep people who obviously are damn good at what they do. It's really fucking dumb.

6. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

because they're running a social club (doing 'friends' favors), rather than a business :mamoru::hsugh:

7. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

Circuit City is a business last time I checked, and if you're referring to my friend, no, he sold one friend a TV for the entire year.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Or...instead of making yourself look like an idiot and possibly ruining a quality reference for your next job, you could quit.

I'm 99% sure that going in and arguing won't get you what you want...it will just get you fired. And I'd strongly recommend quitting rather than being fired.

9. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

unemployment > no unemployment (or being penalized and having a waiting period)

10. JordanClarkson

I learned early on that hard work itself isn't what gets you respect. You have to both work hard and show self motivation to learn new things, take care of what needs to be taken care of without being told to, and show clear ambition to want to rise through the ranks.

11. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

And also network/make friends with people in high places that will look out for you. Sounds like he should be doing more of that.

12. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

yeah, I understand that with careers and all, but seriously it's just some entry level sales position at circuit city to pay bills until he graduates soon with his B.A. in business, you think they'd want to hold on to kids that are far superior than others at making them money. Guess not :dunno:

13. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

I'd respect the opinion of anyone under me and take it into consideration. I don't mind being wrong, but yelling at me changes the nature of the conversation. I'm not going to tolerate someone beneath me yelling at me as if they're aware of how i handle my job. There are sometimes outside factors that i have to take into account which they may not be aware. A big example is that numbers don't always determine promotions, sometimes how well people work together have more weight.

I'd recommend talking to him and telling him how you feel. Leave it up to him to come up with a solution. Otherwise, go your seperate ways.

14. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

Why bother? Just find a better job. If your stats is what you say it is, then most likely a new company will hire you with a higher salary.

15. JordanClarkson

Well there's just not much else he can do there. They wouldn't be able to put his education to good use anyway. It's not like having a college graduate there is going to change anything.

16. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

think about the end result. choose your battles. is it worth it?

17. civicmon

Not rly.. I'm already being transferred to a new dept in a month. My company has 13k people and individual managers are prohibited from giving references except for school-related ones, anyways. I wouldn't ask this one for a reference.

And people who do not stand up for what they believe in and get bullied around are the idiots, but that's just my opinion.

They can fire me but I can sue them for unfair termination as well. Complaining about something that's grossly unfair isn't exactly proper grounds for termination. My company is very lawsuit-phobic.

Meeting was short but was fine. We're meeting again tomorrow to see where I can best be utilized going forward.

18. civicmon

Not in my case.... in the real world, that's true, but not when your getting your taint licked and playing favorites in return.

yes, and I'm winning. I brought out my ammo and what I bring to the table and why I'm so furious.

My boss agreed and wants to meet again when she has more time.

My company has a very open-door policy and has strict rules about when it's not ok to be fired. Complaining about unfair treatment is first or second on that list. Not following procedure opens the door for liability issues.