SRS Having a hard time leaving my job.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Charliesc, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Charliesc

Charliesc Pain is an illusion

Figured i'd drop this here instead of main.

I'm looking to move to a different state to be with my GF. We're at about 2 years together. I've already decided to move, for both her and a change of scenery.

My problem seems to be that I just cant seem to bring myself to leave my job. I don't make that much really, but it's a small company and they are pretty much fucked without me. Being as my capability as an employee vs how much I'm getting paid.

I'm not sure why it's bugging my out, but the only reason I haven't left yet is because I cant bring myself to give notice. I'm also worried about locking down a job, but I think i'll be fine with that.

Is there some way I can go about doing this. I guess I need to just grab a set of balls and do it, but I don't want to leave them high and dry and down a tech. :hsd:

2. jonno

jonno New Member

by putting off telling them you're fucking them over even more due to the short notice. tell them now so they have time to hire/train someone.

3. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

:werd: gotta let them know so they can be prepared. help train the new guy if you can. might give you some ease when you finally leave.

4. Charliesc

What would be the appropriate way to do it? While I dont think they'll hire someone else because its just computer tech work, no training needed.. Should I go in and talk to them, or resignation letter?

Our office is a total of 5 people including the office manager.

5. FunkyMunniez

I'd go in and talk to them myself. It's a small company so you guys probably know eachother fairly well on a personal level and it would probably just be better for a personal thing. If I was the owner of the company and you just basically gave me a dear john letter that said you're quitting I'd personally feel slighted.

Just go in and be honest man.

6. Charliesc

Thanks.. Even though im extremely underpaid, I feel im a huge asset to the company because of my skills to pay ratio. I've also learned a shit ton in the year and a half ive been there. And I'm generally a very passive and a nice person to people so I feel as if im letting them all down.

7. FunkyMunniez

Just remember to not burn any bridges. You never know what's going to happen in a few years.

8. Charliesc

Yeah i'd never do that. I really need his reference for a new job if hes willing to give me the blessing.

9. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

You don't make much, but your critical to the company? What's wrong with that picture?

10. Charliesc

I mean that not many people will get paid what im getting paid to do what i do. Atleast in my opinion.

11. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

Well if you decide to stay, do a little research on how much your position demands and negotiate a raise.