SRS Having a bad day

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wraithlead, Dec 10, 2006.

1. wraithlead

wraithlead Representing the No Av crew

So i had too much to drink last night. I try to not drink at all, and it didn't work yesterday. after the first drink i always get carried away. before i woke up with a headache or a hangover, but felt emotionally fine because i was okay with what i did. i'm not okay with it anymore, and my self dissappointment is killing me. how am i supposed to get over that?

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Guilt passes.

However, as an alcoholic in AA we learn that it's not the 10th, 20th or 30th drink that gets us drunk....it's the first drink. So we learn how to stay away from that first drink. The real secret to AAs success is that it helps alcoholics deal with all the other shit in their lives which they seem incapeable of dealing with when they are sober. However, you may or may not be an alcoholic....I dunno.

If you are disappointed in yourself and/or your behavior, IMO it's because you have not lived up to an expectation you have set for yourself. We all do this....alcoholics and non-alcoholics alike. You are human, not super human. You will make mistakes in the future....nobody is perfect. IMO, the recognition of a mistake is the first step to correcting it. So, if you can, forgive yourself for being only human....then strive to do things differently in the future.

If you continually find that you are unable to stay away from alcohol or that you are always "changing your mind" about not drinking - you might be an alcoholic. If you are interested, AA is anonymous and most cities have meetings. You don't have to profess yourself as an alcoholic or even "join". You don't have to be asked to a meeting - it's not a secret society. You can simply show up.

If you want more info about meetings post...I'll provide more info. Good Luck and God Bless.

3. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

4. FlyBoy07

FlyBoy07 New Member

change