Haven't worked out in a week...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by chizzle, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chizzle

chizzle New Member

I feel like a fatty :wtc:

After a slew of injuries, I decided to take some time off. I don't think my wrist is ever going to get better though :wtc:

Maybe somebody can give me some insight on that injury...

Details:
    -Hurt my right wrist when I was doing standing shoulder presses.
    -Only hurts when I turn my palms towards my face.
    -Pain extends from my wrist and down ~2 inches of my forearm.
    -Doesn't hurt if I apply pressure.
    -Hurts when I'm doing movements like standard pullups and chinups (also bb rows), but not when I do neutral grip pullups.
    -Most pressing movements don't hurt it too bad, but the pain is bearable, unlike those pulling movements.
    :dunno:

2. Netbastard

Netbastard OT Supporter

took a week off 2 weeks ago went back to the gym last week felt great. Solid workouts better than before. Sprained my wrists back in May and couldn't shake it off. The pain seemed to come back everytime I worked out and did other shit around the house etc... finally decided to take a week off along with a work vacation and that seemed to heal enough to get back to the gym with no more pain. Good Luck.

3. chizzle

chizzle New Member

I took a week off right after I hurt the wrist, but it didn't get better. Went back to the gym to see if I could work through it, didn't work, took another week off. That's where I am now, it's been a week now and it still is killing me whenever I turn it.

4. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

Took yesterday off and already feel ready to go. Body really needed this since I really haven't taken any days off since coming off surgery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.