GUN Haven't Touched A Live Gun in 6 Months

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by USMCsilver, Jul 9, 2006.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Don't know what's wrong with me. Since I graduated college, I thought that I'd have more free time. Now, it just seems I work more. Not to mention, my main shooting partner now has an infant. Needless to say, she takes up most of his time. I get one weekend off per month, and while it would be nice to shoot on that weekend, there's other crap that NEEDS to be done; I also often have to entertain my wife.

I've only been in the safe to take out my Tag Heuer.

Long story, but I can't even have a gun in my car nor by my bed anymore due to fear that my brother may break in, steal a gun, and try to kill my parents again.

Do I now have some deep psychological fear that guns are evil now because they make people do stupid things, hence the fact that I haven't even toyed with an AR or my MK23 in months?

Hell, I still have an unfired G36, USP, USP Tactical, MK23, and 870 in the safe? Something is oddly wrong...

Sorry for the rant/pity party. I know I haven't been around for a while, and while I know many don't care, I figured I'd let the curious ones know what's up.

2. I've gotten a 2nd job recently, and I haven't shot in nearly 2 months. I've been getting back into playing guitar quite a bit recently, and between that, and sleep, and work, theres just not much time to shoot. Its definitely not something I'll just give up.. I still have the mental list of guns to buy in my head:

keltec p32
    glock 26

I haven't even been to my usual monthly USPSA comp in 2 months, because I always work on sunday mornings now..

I think I'll have to request off for next months meet, I need to dust off the G34.

3. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Until I used my M1 a month ago, it had been 8 or 9 months since I had used a gun. Sucks being in college and also lving in a place with cold-ass winters

4. itchiban

itchiban New Member

You should take a personal day from work and go shooting. I work major hours at the office AND home, so I do that sometimes just to get away from the responsibilities of the job, and the wife and kid.

5. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I have only put about 400rds through my AR since January

6. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

I now take my guns to work and hit the range when I get off to unwind before heading home.
    Finding it pretty relaxing and a good way to blow off stress plus it's only 45 minutes out of my schedule.

7. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

i too have only gotten out to shoot once this year. i had put some money down on a kimber but backed out because i knew i wasnt going to be putting in any real good range time.

seems like with my bike, my guitar, my wife and work i just cant get up enough time to go

8. Trapt

Trapt The Road Goes on Forever

This thread makes me sad :(

9. sebeck

sebeck New Member

Wanna sell one of the USP's? :naughty:

10. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

I think i've got around 7 guns that I havent shot since I've bought them, maybe more. It's been close to 6-8 months since I've been to the range, and even then the ventilation wasnt working and I just dumped 4 or 5 mags in a smoky ass room. I just graduated in May, and although I havent been looking for a real job, my part time job I had while in HS and college has almost become a full time job and is keeping me pretty busy. The closest pistol range to me is an hour away, and I dont even know if there is a public rifle range within 3 hours of me any more. I'd like to shoot but I just dont have the time. I still :love: my guns though :o

11. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I've been working around 80 hours a week and making a ton of money but for some reason I just want to save my money instead of buy more guns. I don't really feel like shooting after work. Somedays I'll just take a little .22 outside and shoot at rocks and stuff but I dunno.

I do have tomorrow off (first day in a month) and I plan on relaxing and shooting a shit-ton. My friend's girlfriend's dad invited him and I over to shoot so I'll hopefully do some here then head over there with my shotgun and shoot some skeet :hs:

12. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Go try some shooting you've never done before. (assuming there is any left).

Friend had to drag me out to try shooting clay to get me out of a dry spell, and I had a great time trying something I never thought of as fun.

13. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

The onl,y reason that I get any shooting time in at all is because I have a handgun range within 10 minutes of my house. I almost never get to shoot my rifles, though. I've had my AK for 3 months now and I've only taken it out twice :wtc:.

14. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

When my weekends are full, I try to hit the pistol range after work once a week.

Only about 2 hours max, and it is better than watching TV.

15. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

im a member of a sportmans club that probably less than 5 minutes from me. you can shoot anything as long as its not on a tripod (Barrett .50) or a fullie. you can even shoot sporting clays there. i still get the itch every once in a while but i havent been as motivated as i was before