SRS Haven't drank in about a month....but today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Trickypants, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Trickypants

Trickypants OT Supporter

I'm thinking, after I get done with my second job (ends at 11 PM), what's the harm in having a couple of beers?

I know I can buy like two or three beers and not go crazy....just don't know how important it is to not drink 'AT ALL'....:hs:

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

if i were you i wouldnt do it if i was asking myself whats the harm? i would stay far away from it this is just me though

3. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

That's exactly how it starts again, you start to rationalize with it and it keeps escalating until it's a problem again. I honestly wouldn't do it, if it got to a point where you needed to stop then, please think about it some more. I have a co-worker going through AA and it's still a battle for him 3 weeks out.

4. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

You know there is a forum for addictions?

Why do you care?
    I mean, I go through spurts. I may not drink for a year and then I get the want for a case of beer.

You are either an addict or you are not an addict, and just because you are paranoid doesn't make you an addict.

5. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Just the fact you mentioned 2 or 3... instead of just 1..

6. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

You need to be honest with yourself. Do you think you are strong enough to have casual drinks without letting yourself slide into that pattern where you drink too much?

Nothing wrong with a drink now or then, but some people just can't handle it. For them there is no middle path, it's just full out alcoholism or no drinking at all.

What I'm getting at is that you should think about your history with alcohol and decide whether or not you can have drinking be a part of your life such that it does not begin to interfere negatively with it.

7. danceswdevils

danceswdevils New Member

In my experience, normal drinkers never actually think about or question their drinking behavior. It's just not a problem.

Wondering whether or not it's a problem is usually a pretty good indicator that there is in fact a problem.

8. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

Some good advise in here.

I'd add that if you've had problems with alcohol such as abusive behaviors (to a girlfriend/wife or others maybe at the bar), missed work or have drank early in the AM, you're better off having none.

Otherwise, YMMV and it's your call but only you know how destructive alcohol has been in your life. Not everyone who gets a DUI is an alcoholic but if you're concerned about your drinking, figure out why and then look at that again.

9. RedZ71

RedZ71 Large Marge sent me.

without knowing the rest of the back story, i'd say the 2nd post pretty much sums it up.