COMIC Haven't collected comics in a while...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by blav7, Oct 15, 2009.

1. blav7

blav7 New Member

I haven't collected comics in a while and I was wondering of any series that I should look into to maybe play catchup. To put into perspective, the last big series I bought when I collected was Infinity War and Gauntlet. I downloaded the Civil War series recently onto my Iphone using Comic Zeal. But is there any other series that are worthwhile?

2. bigolbig

bigolbig New Member

the walking dead
    y the last man

personally I'm loving the dark tower series as well

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  3. blav7

blav7 New Member

Are those Marvel? Personally, besides when Image first started, I could never get into any other companies comics.

4. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

Walking Dead is Image, I think Y is Vertigo. Dark Tower is Marvel, though.

5. CabbieNamedAxel

For more mainstream stuff, pick up Green Lantern Rebirth and follow from there to all the blackest night stuff.

6. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

if you want to get back into comics and you like image theres a couple of new series that you can jump into now and wont have much to catch up on.

Chew - pretty good comic and there's not much to catch up on. Its on issue 5 right now so you can catch up really fast.

Haunt - Just came out they just released issue one and the team on it is pretty good you have Todd McFarlane in there with that spawnish looking art. I read issue number 1 and it looks like its going to be a good comic. I would jump on it now.

Kick Ass - I havent been following it but from what Ive read and have heard from other people its pretty fucking good. I think its on issue 7 and its a pretty hardcore comic.

You can try those three for now since they are relatively new and easy to catch up. They also arent tied into any universe/multiverse so its not going to be a pain in the ass to jump into and you wont be researching every 5 minutes just to get an idea of what the fuck is going on. Also you can look into blackest night. Its the big cross over right now.

You might want to do some catching up before you jump into blackest night and it wont be hard now because DC has all of the stuff in graffic novel format. Catching up on blackest night will keep you busy and the story is real good.

7. CabbieNamedAxel

Blackest night is pretty easy to jump into, you have the Green Lantern stuff from rebirth on and you're set, thats only like 4 or 5 trades.